My First Kid Ever!

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by imaginationacres, Mar 29, 2010.

1. imaginationacres

imaginationacres New Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Virginia
    Dixie was due this Thursday but of course she was impatient and kidded early. I work overnight shifts on the weekends and didn't think anything of it.. she didn't have any signs she was going to kid early!

Well I got home this morning and way greeted by the cries of a baby goat! Dixie kidded twins but sadly the little bucking was deceased.. I do not know what happened but he looked normal, and Dixie was in excellent shape, no sign of trouble delivering. I suppose this happens, sometimes, RIP little fellow. :sigh:

The little doe though was up and about toddling around and generally being absolutely adorable. She is Dixie in miniature!! Mamma Dixie and new baby are bonding together and are just adorable, here are some photos! Name suggestions are most welcome.

I hope I am home for Caddy's delivery later this week.. I am so sad I missed Dixie's..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jberter

jberter New Member

Oh my goodness,,, :greengrin: :love: that little baby girl just went off the cutness scale... :stars: :kidred: :lovey: Congrats on the baby and for mom being such a good girl, sad about the baby boy, but as you said,, sometimes these things happen.. :hug: Thank you for sharing the love,, I know the feeling,, I'm a first time goatee mom to with my 2 boys, 1 week old today and full of theirselves..ha- :)

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    So sorry about the loss of the buckling, but CONGRATS on the little doeling :clap: .......she's a cutie!

4. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    What a cutie! Congrats! :)

5. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    She's so cute!!! Sorry for your buck, but WOW she's super pretty :) You should be very proud!

And don't feel bad about missing it, I missed our doe's kidding. Went out at 1 AM for a check and BAM there were two babies, afterbirth. I toweled them off but they were already dry. She's been a great mom :)

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    most goats wont let you be there for the birth -- they rather wait till you are gone.

ND goats like to kid between 142 and 147 so I doubt she was early or that kid wouldnt be alive

welcome to the world of goats when they do things on their schedule and never make it convinent

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congrats on your girl :stars: and yes always so sad :( to lose one. Rooting that you will be present for the next birth(s)-it's so cool.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Aww...A big congrats......too cute... :thumb: :greengrin: :love:

9. Seven Dwarfs

Seven Dwarfs New Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Brush Prairie Wa
    How adorable! Looks alot like mama

10. 7acreranch

7acreranch New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Eastern OK
    Very cute, we just went through our first kidding season we also had a stillborn. But the survivor is doing fine now. Once again sorry.

11. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Congrats!!!! She is a cutie. :)

12. imaginationacres

imaginationacres New Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Virginia
    Thanks everyone!!! :stars:

Baby goats are officially even cuter than baby bunnies!!! :love:

Momma Dixie and baby Wind Chime are doing just great, they are inseperable, Dixie is a wonderful mommy. Its hard to get anything done, all I want to do is hold the little princess.

I am also following Caddy around, after Dixie's surprise kidding I don't want to miss Caddy's!

13. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Congrats! :party: She really is the spitting image of her dam, and not to mention cute as a button!

My condolences on the lil' buckling.

Deb Mc

14. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    She is adorable! Your doe went and gave you a "mini-me"!! Congrats on the doeling and sorry about the little buck.