The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought her home in about mid August and she had been with a buck since sometime in June. This is my first time kidding and im so excited! Her on the other hand is an old pro haha so im hoping it will go smooth. :) It's pretty cool to see her growing and her attitude changing (talk about mood swings :p lol).

This is about 2 months ago. I dont have any rear pics from then but she did have a tiny bag.

image-3918516116.jpg

image-942926204.jpg

image-1565792761.jpg

image-3141519004.jpg

And this is her from today. Her bag has grown a lot the past 3 days and she's been laying down a lot. She usually will let me scratch her neck but not her belly, some times she doesn't mind if i feel her belly, but today she didn't want anyone near her, goats or people. I thought she had a few more weeks left but the way she's been acting im not really sure. It might just be the kid/kids moving, i can watch her stomach move sometimes and today they were in a weird position, one side was more bulged than the other.

image-775127290.jpg

image-1717665714.jpg

image-178346152.jpg

image-113666865.jpg

image-2033901235.jpg

How long do yall give her? :) The pics make her look tiny compared to in person but she's still not big as she usually is. Im thinking 2-3 more weeks. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I'm guessing 1-2 weeks :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She had them this morning!!! :D :D :D

Everyone is healthy, she did it by herself and she had twins! Yay! I just happened to decide this morning before school, lets go check the goats, and there she was with two little kids by her side. :D I have no idea why i decided to check them this morning, i never do, but i guess it was like a 6th sense lol. So much for me guessing 2-3 weeks haha, last night i even thought her udder was shiny and she had something on her lady part, but im like nah its just me. Im so excited they are so cute!

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Congratulations, glad all is fine. I know about that 6th sence. I always check my goats every morning and all through the night as they are getting close.

How old is she? He udder makes me think she has had several kiddings.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Well I was gonna say she looks dang close....guess I would have been right lol
Congrats on the kids.....now you can sleep well at night ;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea her attitude yesterday is what i should have noticed, but i know what to look for now. :D And now that i look at those pics from yesterday it does look like they had dropped. :)

She's around 5, almost 6 and this will be her 4th time having kids. She's a great mama, takes care of all of them and she doesn't mind people touching them, but won't let any other goat near them which is good i guess. :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha, i know right. Her first kid ever was white with little brown spots from head to toe almost like a checkerboard i guess, with a perfect heart on his back, coolest looking goat ive had.... But he was a buck i was so upset haha. Then every year up till now she's had red headed does and pretty bucks, but the tables have finally turned and i got me a pretty doe! Yay! Lol :)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
How adorable! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts