My first kidding

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by tomie, Mar 10, 2011.

1. tomie

tomie New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ohio
    Well after a few weeks of thinking everyday that today will be the day yesterday my first doe finally kidded. It was my first kidding and I missed it. I had spent all day in te goat pin and seen all the signs but then it was time to go to church. I checked on her right before I left for church and it seemed like everything was the same. When I got home the first thing I did was run to the barn. I noticed my first baby standing by the gate. I was so excited. Then behind my female was another little baby.I have 3 more goats to kid.

Attached Files:

• 33.JPG
      33.JPG
      File size:
      37.3 KB
      Views:
  2. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

:leap: Cute! :love: Black and tan!

3. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Awwwww, sweet.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    So adorable...congrats.... :greengrin: :thumb:

5. Clear Crescent

Clear Crescent New Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Must have been divinely inspired! :wink: Congrats!

6. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Wonderful and congrats on the new additions! :stars: Sorry you missed it, but maybe momma knew she could handle it all on her own. My first year, I had some sneaky or private does. :wink:

7. tomie

tomie New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ohio
    Thanks everyone! They are going to be extremely loved. I have another doe due soon. I figure she will have them within a few days. I have two more does due after her. Hopefully everything turns out this wonderful. I am going to post new pictures of the kids today. Hopefully I will have a few more soon.

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  9. tomie

tomie New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ohio
    Well janey the little doe that I was worried about kidded this afternoon. She had a little buck but she lost him. I was gone at the store and when I came home she I found him dead. Her area ripped and I am not sure if I should put iodine on her or not. My heart is broke and I know hers is too. I feel like I let her down because I was not here. This is a horrible feeling.

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry... :(

Is she ripped a little or ?....
    If it is a little I would put some blue spray on it or neosporin....if it is a really big rip I'd have a vet look at it and see what if anything needs to be done with it.....

Don't blame yourself... :hug: things happen... beyond our control.... :hug:

11. tomie

tomie New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ohio
    Well after going through the horrible experience with Janey I am getting ready for another doe. I am now more worried than ever. I did not think that she was due until april 17th but now I am questioning it. She has a huge utter. I am not sure if this is because she has kidded before or not. We bought her from a sale and we know nothing about her. There is a chance that she was bred at the sale but I was pretty sure she came in heat in November. I am going to go take some pictures of her and if anyone thinks that she will kid before April and I am wrong I would love to know what others think. I do not know how close I should be watching her.

12. tomie

tomie New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ohio
    Re: My first kidding/ could I be getting ready to have anoth

This is Rosie. She does not look really wide. I wonder if she kidded right before we got her because her sides were sunk in and we just thought that she was not being taken care of.

Attached Files:

13. minibarn

minibarn Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    i have pygmy goats but i would guess by the size of her udder, you'll see babies within the next week or 2. i have a pygmy doe who's sides always look a little sunken with a saggy belly but i think she's just lost her muscle tone in her stomach from kidding multiples. i'm sorry for the loss of your other baby. is the doe recovering well?

14. tomie

tomie New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ohio
    Thank you! Yes Janey is doing ok. I let her out of the stall yesterday. I kept her pinned up because I was afraid that she was really sore and I was worried about the other goats with her. She is small so I have two does that like to pick on her. She was happy to be out and the other goats picked on her a little but after a little while they left her alone. Where she tore is healing nicely. It is almost all the way healed. I am a little worried because she is still bleeding a little. She only kidded 3 days ago so I am not sure if it is normal.

15. minibarn

minibarn Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    i'm glad janey is doing ok. the bleeding is normal. does will sometimes bleed & have discharge for a few weeks after kidding till all is cleaned out. some of mine take longer than others.

16. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    Congratulations, and I am sorry to hear about the one that died. At least it was only a buck (losing a doe is very hard....), good luck with the other one(s)!