The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My mini-mancha doe, Indy, kidded on Feb 5th. It was a real rough delivery, but they all survived and are doing well :) ...

This is Pegasus, the doeling

This is Saggitarius, buckling

And last but not least, (although he is the smallest)...Little Dipper (buckling)

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Congratulations. What cute babies. :cool:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone...As far as the ears go...Indy, the mom, is a first gen. mini-Mancha, her dad was the nigerian and mom is the La Mancha...Last fall, on her first heat she jumped out of her pen, into the buck pen and was bred by her dad, the nigerian...so thes kids are 3/4 Nigerian, so I was a little surprised that 2 of the kids had elf ears...those small ears must be really dominant!

This fall I am going to have to lock her in a cage till she is bred LOL...She has proved she can pretty much find a way out of anything!

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Oh they are just to cute!!!

I think elf ears are dominant, I had a doe last spring she was a LaMancha Saanen cross, with elf ears. I bred her back to a Saanen and she kidded with 1 airplane eared kid, and 2 elf eared kids :p Still cute though :wink:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
goathappy said:
Oh they are just to cute!!!

I think elf ears are dominant, I had a doe last spring she was a LaMancha Saanen cross, with elf ears. I bred her back to a Saanen and she kidded with 1 airplane eared kid, and 2 elf eared kids :p Still cute though :wink:
They are always cute :)..actually, Little Dipper looks like something from a sci-fi movie to me. :)

It really seems like those elf ears are really dominant. We have three other mini-mancha does to kid this spring...It will be interesting to see what we get.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Oh they are beautiful!!!

Yep, those Munchie ears do like to keep coming! My Munchie, Miss Piggy, had trips this year. She was bred to a Kiko. The doelings both had the Kiko ears, but the buckling had elf ears. It's so funny how that works.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts