My first kids of the year, the Stellar triplets

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by freetorun35, Feb 7, 2008.

1. freetorun35

freetorun35 New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    Hi, My mini-mancha doe, Indy, kidded on Feb 5th. It was a real rough delivery, but they all survived and are doing well :) ...

This is Pegasus, the doeling
    [​IMG]

This is Saggitarius, buckling
    [​IMG]

And last but not least, (although he is the smallest)...Little Dipper (buckling)
    [​IMG]

2. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Congratulations!! Very cute babies! I'm glad everybody is doing well, those rough deliveries are not fun.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    oh- they are so cute!!! Congrats on your trips! What a great way to start the year!

Allison

4. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Oh they are so cute.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations. What cute babies. :cool:

6. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  7. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    very cute. it's funny how 1 got the longer ears and the other 2 have lamancha ears.

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Beautiful babies! Congratulations!!!!

9. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Glad everyone is doing okay. Congrats!! :D

10. freetorun35

freetorun35 New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    Thanks everyone...As far as the ears go...Indy, the mom, is a first gen. mini-Mancha, her dad was the nigerian and mom is the La Mancha...Last fall, on her first heat she jumped out of her pen, into the buck pen and was bred by her dad, the nigerian...so thes kids are 3/4 Nigerian, so I was a little surprised that 2 of the kids had elf ears...those small ears must be really dominant!

This fall I am going to have to lock her in a cage till she is bred LOL...She has proved she can pretty much find a way out of anything!

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh they are just to cute!!!

I think elf ears are dominant, I had a doe last spring she was a LaMancha Saanen cross, with elf ears. I bred her back to a Saanen and she kidded with 1 airplane eared kid, and 2 elf eared kids :p Still cute though :wink:

12. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    So very cute! Congrats...hope mom is doing well!

13. freetorun35

freetorun35 New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    They are always cute :)..actually, Little Dipper looks like something from a sci-fi movie to me. :)

It really seems like those elf ears are really dominant. We have three other mini-mancha does to kid this spring...It will be interesting to see what we get.

14. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Oh they are beautiful!!!

Yep, those Munchie ears do like to keep coming! My Munchie, Miss Piggy, had trips this year. She was bred to a Kiko. The doelings both had the Kiko ears, but the buckling had elf ears. It's so funny how that works.