The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first project with my goats milk, making butter.... Next will be yogurt, and ice cream and then cheese:) I'm just so excited I got to make something with it.... We usually drink it all...

Attachments

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
yum!! looks like whipped butter!!

now...homemade bread to go with homemade butter! haha

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Neat! how long did you have to work at getting cream?
A week and a half. I have 6 of those glass things that the butter is in. I put the lid on them, waited 2 days skimmed the cream, and then repeated. It only took 15 min to clump up too:) not too bad:)

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
what did you use to churn? I have a kitchenaid mixer, I just put it on with a cloth over top (so it doesn't go everywhere), and walk away until I hear clunking. usually not more than 5 min....

another idea that I've done before, is kefir the cream, and make kefir butter. it's like regular butter but with a hint of blue cheese. SOOO good!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Yum... now I want butter! And Karen's heavy wheatbread and some strawberry rhubarb jam....

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what did you use to churn? I have a kitchenaid mixer, I just put it on with a cloth over top (so it doesn't go everywhere), and walk away until I hear clunking. usually not more than 5 min....

another idea that I've done before, is kefir the cream, and make kefir butter. it's like regular butter but with a hint of blue cheese. SOOO good!
I just put it in a jar and started shaking, 15 min later butter:) the thing I thought was great there was not that much milk when separating the butter from the milk.....

I might try the kefir butter, that sounds good:)

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was delicious:) My sister and niece from Florida is here and they love the raw goats milk, and now they love the butter, on the homemade biscuits and bread:) I'm hoping to be making it every 2 weeks or so:)

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh come on TDG. i'm sure you have enough milk to be able to make butter with!
Off the topic, but I read that you were moving back to Canada on another thread. Which part of Canada? My dad was from Winnipeg Manitoba, and we have relatives in Surrey and Vancouver BC.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
Southern Ontario! i'll be going back to city life for a while to make some money (which means no more goatie antics :'( ), then likely we'll disappear into the bush somewhere around Algonquin park. hehe

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Southern Ontario! i'll be going back to city life for a while to make some money (which means no more goatie antics :'( ), then likely we'll disappear into the bush somewhere around Algonquin park. hehe
Man, that's going to suck... No more goats for awhile:( At least you will know what you are looking for when the time comes to get another herd started:) I liked Ontario.... I like Canada in general though:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts