The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So excited! Today (Friday) is day 145 for my 1.5 yr old FF Nigerian dwarf. Mel is huge and uncomfortable but not complaining. Her belly was rolling all around tonight. Saw and felt a kid on her left side trying to break out! Lol. Can't wait....will post pics soon - hopefully :)

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Woo! Love the first time births! (Just don't miss it like I did :p)

Hoping for textbook delivery and lots of :kidred: :kidred: :kidred:

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the baby monitor set up in the barn and my bedroom. I don't care what time it is, I am determined not to miss our first birth here.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Aww, I'm so sorry you missed it! They are so frustrating, aren't they? I once was checking a Nigerian like every 20 minutes all day. I KNEW she was going to kid that day, and finally when I had been staring at her for a long time because I knew it was going to be any minute, but nothing was happening, I just went inside to take a short break. Ended up being an hour or so, (I was worn out with checking on her all day) and I got distracted, plus she had lulled me into a false sense of security doing nothing, so I went out and she had had triplets!!!!!! :EEK!: and they were all standing up and everything!! I was betrayed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts