The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We made the 7.5 hr round trip and have our little doelings home! We weighed them and gave them some probiotics then they promptly began to avoid us. We were expecting this. I’ve been just sitting in the barn with them as they figure out their new place. They are soooo fun to watch and now come near me. They don’t want me touch them, but if I leave the barn, the little black and white one calls for me. I’ve never had a goat call for me. So many firsts!

Anyway, I’m just excited to finally have my first goats. They are 10 week old ND.
(White one is Thistle, Black one is Petunia, and brown one is Jasmine)

I’m sure I’ll be bugging everyone even more with questions now that I have them. Thank you for being patient and helpful and helping me get ready for these lovely ladies.
Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Tire Grass

·
Registered
The Monkhood
3,542 Posts
Finally, the long awaited for day has arrived! Congratulations on becoming a goat owner and welcome to the roller coaster ride they can sometimes take us on. Your 3 new ladies are adorable and they will settle down before you know it. Just wish I could be a fly on the wall and witness your reaction when they first come up to you for some scratches.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So excited for you! They are too cute! I hope they gentle down quickly for you.
Thanks. I hope so too, lol.
They are adorable! Congratulations!!
Aw, thanks.

Sooooo cute! Isnt it exciting? Theirs just something about haveing goats! Congrats! Enjoy!!!
It is exciting! Thanks so much.
Finally, the long awaited for day has arrived! Congratulations on becoming a goat owner and welcome to the roller coaster ride they can sometimes take us on. Your 3 new ladies are adorable and they will settle down before you know it. Just wish I could be a fly on the wall and witness your reaction when they first come up to you for some scratches.
lol. I’ll probably throw my hands in the air a few times on this roller coaster. Luckily I’ll be able to come here when that happens. I can’t wait until they come to me for love. They will walk up to me when I’m sitting here on their already poop filled bed, but I can tell they’d bolt if I tried to pet them just yet. I’ll probably pass out the first time they stroll right up for a scratch.

Very cute!
Thanks!

They are gorgeous! A super humongous congratulations!
Aw, thank you. I can’t believe I finally have them!

·
Registered
Nigerian Dwarf goats, Mini Nubians, Poultry
436 Posts
We made the 7.5 hr round trip and have our little doelings home! We weighed them and gave them some probiotics then they promptly began to avoid us. We were expecting this. I’ve been just sitting in the barn with them as they figure out their new place. They are soooo fun to watch and now come near me. They don’t want me touch them, but if I leave the barn, the little black and white one calls for me. I’ve never had a goat call for me. So many firsts!

Anyway, I’m just excited to finally have my first goats. They are 10 week old ND.
(White one is Thistle, Black one is Petunia, and brown one is Jasmine)

I’m sure I’ll be bugging everyone even more with questions now that I have them. Thank you for being patient and helpful and helping me get ready for these lovely ladies. View attachment 208289
Congratulations! Having goats is such a treat, I wish you the best of luck with your girls!

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks!

They love to hang out with us and cry when we leave but are still not wanting to be pet, and that’s fine. It hasn’t even been a full day.

Luckily they will follow me right into the milk/med room, so it’s easy to catch them in there without a lot of hoopla. I gave them another small dose of probios this morning and then brushed them for bit. They liked it but didn’t want to like it, lol. I brushed and scratched them until they were calm then stopped and let them slowly walk away. Of course they still won’t come to me for scratches, but I’m hoping it’s only a matter of time if I keep this up.

My only real concern right now is that I’ve only seen one drink water. They all eat hay and leaves and chew their cud just fine. They even eat the loose minerals (no takers on the kelp yet). Any tips on getting them to drink water?

I put a bucket of water by our automatic waterer because they were used to the small buckets. And the one I’ve seen drink does so out of the bucket. I thought the other two would copy her, learn from her. So far, I haven’t seen it. All their poop looks good but I only saw one pee this morning (one that I haven’t seen drinking) and it wasn’t a lot.

1 - 20 of 536 Posts