The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
This morning her poop was clumpy. Still pellets but clumped. So I gave her some probiotics and am waiting to see if this helps. I’m hoping it’s from new forage. She’s still bouncy and happy and sweet as ever. I am not great at getting that big tube of probios in a tiny mouth yet and smeared half of it on her face. Should I give her more tonight if her poop is still clumpy?
It wouldn’t hurt to give her more probiotics in the evening, especially if you think she didn’t get all of her dose. You can also catch a fresh poop and do (or send in ) a fecal. Since they just moved, there may be a worm bloom.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
Squirt it into a 6cc or so size syringe, the type with a regular tip on the end, not a luer lock, too short. Wash it out real good afterwards using a little bit of dish detergent and rinse really well, use it again for dosing her probiotics.
Just don’t make the mostake I made and use hot water to wash out a syringe. It changes the plastic and makes it unusable.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
My little ones all had soft fuzzy fur in their first year. The smooth fur happened after their first winter. That was for mine, and they are ND and Nubian/ND mix.
There are no dumb questions! It is good you are asking, so we can all learn from wach others’ experiences.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
That’s what makes my day, when they do the jump/twist dance moves! Mine all still do that!
Interesting about the dynamics. I did mean, who is queen among them, not humans included.
I know it can change. Willow was queen for the longest time in our herd, then she let Coco have the food he wanted, now he is king for food. But she still is the watch guard if there is some perceived danger. When Jeffrey is with them (most of the time right now) he is king over all food, but Willow is still the watch guard. But they follow Jeffrey on adventures (just stay out of reach of his horns).

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
Herd dynamics are so fascinating! In my herd it's Bella all the way as queen. She gets all food privileges which she shaire with her kids, and she is in charge of where the herd goes and what is determined to be danger or not. Her daughter Murphy, I think will be above my doe Prim eventually. When I bring Prim back from milking, Murphy will walk up to Prim, butt her, and run away. She doesn't stand a chance against Prim in a real fight, so she figures hit and run is the way to go. 😆
That is funny, smart little Murphy!
I wonder if Bella will give the crown to one of her kids like Willow did. Still not sure if she meant to do that.
My little May one time butted Willow in the rear end (hard!) when they were both on a narrow ramp and Willow was below her. Willow had to jump off. I laughed so hard!

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
Hit and run. Lol! She’s saying, hey, I’m coming for you later. Bella sounds like she’s one who will hold the crown for quite a while.

After all that, it’s been Petunia and Jasmine duking it out all day. Little Jazzy can hold her own. She’s all about the head down and hit. Petunia does the fancy footwork and spins. They are still young and the fights are still playful, but I think they’re also trying to sort out the herd order. I got a great video of them playing today. But I was laughing so hard I sort of ruined it.
The little ones can surprise you sometimes!! Good for Jazzy!!

Reactions: FizzyGoats

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
The smaller/younger ones can surprise us, and themselves I think!
Another time I watched my Jeffrey and Coco playing King of the Hill on a play structure. Jefffell off. Coco did a happy dance! He came off and danced and danced! “I did it! I won! I can’t believe it!”

1 - 20 of 73 Posts