The Goat Spot Forum banner
521 - 540 of 596 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #521 ·
Jasmine has decided to hang out in the goat transport apparatus (aka, the dog crate). I washed it and was leaving it out to sun dry. Silly me. But if you move, you loose, and she quickly lost her spot to Mr Snoodles.

Benji gave Archer a break from the heat and took over watching the goats for a while, so Archer could snooze in the barn near the bucks who were also being quite lazy today.

(All the pics are out of order, but you get idea, lol)

Plant Plant community Tree Natural landscape Land lot

Plant Tree Fence Wood Fawn

Vertebrate Plant Fence Mammal Carnivore

View attachment 229820

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
3rd picture down, Briar is totally focused on something near the wood line. Do you know what caught his attention? Goats notice everything around them unless it's routinely familiar. When mine zero in on something with that type of body language, they've taught me to stop whatever I was doing, watch and listen. Sometimes the sight is amazing or once in a blue moon, a stray cat.

The new kid in town seems to be fitting in nicely with the rest of the herd. That is absolutely wonderful, and I am so pleased for you having harmony within the herd.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #536 ·
Awwww, looks like he fits in perfectly. What a gorgeous place, herd, and pair of dogs you have.
He does fit in nicely. He’s such a love but a spunky one. Haha. And thank you. I think they’re all beautiful but I’m biased.

Aww! He looks so happy!
Thanks. I hope he is.

Hes a Big Boy Now! Beautiful pictures!
I even called it his big boy apron when I was putting it on him. Lol. And he certainly believes he’s a big boy.

Oh, how exciting!
I think he has already grown!
He looks very happy to be there.

I love the hen peeking out from behind Benji, and Benji’s head peeking out behind Champ!
Great pictures!
The chickens are always in everyone’s business. They are so funny. I think Briar has grown a bit. I do enjoy this mostly crew.

3rd picture down, Briar is totally focused on something near the wood line. Do you know what caught his attention? Goats notice everything around them unless it's routinely familiar. When mine zero in on something with that type of body language, they've taught me to stop whatever I was doing, watch and listen. Sometimes the sight is amazing or once in a blue moon, a stray cat.

The new kid in town seems to be fitting in nicely with the rest of the herd. That is absolutely wonderful, and I am so pleased for you having harmony within the herd.
I don’t know what he was focusing on. He was spooking really easy and on edge being in the big scary world. At one point, a squirrel sent him dashing for the barn. He got about halfway there before he realized no one else cared about it. He’s also still uneasy with the dogs. But he’s doing really well considering how new all this is to him.

They're so adorable!
Thanks!

Everyone out enjoying life
Indeed. And it was a gorgeous day.

I thought Thistle (white buckskin doe) would be the meanest to Briar because she’s bottom of the totem pole. But Jasmine (brown doe) is the meanest, followed by Petunia (black one and herd queen). It’s more when they’re in the barn or in close quarters together. Outside they are fine. But if one of the other does pushed Briar or hit him a little harder than necessary, Thistle was there, touching noses with him afterward. This has made me realize what a genuinely sweet girl she is. Champ lets Briar run and hide behind him in the barn if needed. Champ is second smallest and sweet as pie, but he doesn’t get pushed around. However, he lets Briar get away with way too much, so it is nice that the does are teaching Briar some goat manners. It’s all a balancing act and everyone is still figuring it out, especially me!

521 - 540 of 596 Posts