My foundation Girls for mini Saanen

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by happybleats, Nov 19, 2013.

1. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    lol...My saanen are big girls...and Bleu did his job!!...It can be done..the purpose is not really a mini breed but a medium breed...they will be between the size of a standard and a nigerian....still cute : ) I see a huge market here for the Mini breeds of standard and so hope to fill that need..But you are right TDG...many do not do the research before jumping right in and conformation absolutely counts..To breed other wise is like back yard dog breeder...lots of "cute" with plenty of flaws...

2. dayofthunder

dayofthunder New Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Yes so fragile. So pretty.

3. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Yahooo..3 out of four girls confirmed pregnant!! Little Miss Bell is open..we will have mini Saanen this season!!

4. NyGoatMom

NyGoatMom Shady Acre Homestead Supporting Member

Congrats! When are they due?

5. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

6. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    They are due first of May : )

7. NyGoatMom

NyGoatMom Shady Acre Homestead Supporting Member

8. janeen128

janeen128 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA
  9. canyontrailgoats

canyontrailgoats New Member

Jan 4, 2014
    western montana
    That's great that bleu got them pregnant! Smaller saanens sound good to me, I like goats that look like standards but are smaller(cuter) sized.
    I experimented this year and bred my lamancha doe and nubian boer cross doe to a nigi. If they took, I can look forward to a mini mancha and a dwarf/boer/nubian whatever you wanna call it!
    Did bleu need help reaching the girls? I had to help the buck with my does, and they weren't even that tall.

10. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    We placed a plyboard on a tire...he figured it out and Nikkita is pretty big,,,,I was most worried he could breed her...but he did it..

11. rebelINny

rebelINny Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    That's awesome! Good luck on babies soon! I am breeding for mini-alpine and have already had 2nd gen's born here but I sold them. I have more 2nd's due any day now. Can hardly wait!

12. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Well here we are 6 years later lol. I still have a few mini saanen (we still have Irene, our first mini saanen born here and Cassandra who was born to Nikkita this past spring) but our new focus is mini Lamancha. While mini Saanen are finally starting to catch on in our area, mini Lamancha are growing leaps and bounds. We have two F1 born this past spring to Willa who have that wonderful lamancha conformation. ( pictured)We are getting a mini lamancha doe back who was sold and we are getting two new Nigerian bucks to carry on the torch. I have a vision of a field full of beautiful half size lamanchas.

Attached Files:

Kass and ksalvagno like this.
  13. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  15. Goataddict

Goataddict Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Abuja, Nigeria