My Girls Lost Their Voice!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by capriola-nd, Sep 18, 2008.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    My two girls, Lyla and Claribelle, lost their voices!! :( I didn't really notice them crying a whole lot to where they would lose their voices but then again, I'm gone quite a bit. They are eating normally, drinking, ruminating, all of that. . . . they're just quiet and sound so pathetic when they cry. It's kind of sad but then. . . . nice to have some quiet time! I shouldn't be worried, should I??

2. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    I wouldn't worry much-Did you just wean them?-If so, They should be back to normal within a few days.

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Nope, they are almost a year old. They're just loud when hungry. :roll: Or when I don't spend enough "quality time" with them, they're very sensitive. :D

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well if they were in heat and didnt get the attention they needed then that can cause them to go horse. But I would also watch out for a cold just in case it isnt just them over yelling that caused it

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yes, will do that. They seem perfectly fine but I will still watch out for that. About a month back they had a little bit of runny nose (it went from 100* to in the 50's at night) and they were just clipped. But that is gone now, their winter coats are starting to come in a little. I didn't notice them in heat but there was no buck around. . . .