My girls!, Only have 2/3 left

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by newmama30+, Feb 19, 2011.

1. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN
    Ok so I have a lot of goats, some may, and some may not be as close as I think to kidding, but of the ones that I bought as a herd in Oct, I have had three who kidded, I culled one of them. and I had one who apparently had a cloud burst pregnancy, as she looked bred, even looked prego, acted like she was in labor and never delivered, and has now gone into heat :whatgoat:. Here is who all is left 5,9,15,17,20,21,23,24,25, Princess, and one other doe who we cant catch to tag and who has no name. 13 kidded in Jan, and 22, kidded Yesterday afternoon. 5's tail is kind of hanging, and her udder is filling. 9 has a messy back end. 24 is very swollen in the back end, and her udder also seems to be fuller. 23 is swollen in the back end but hasn't dropped at all she is still high and wide, 20 dropped but no other signs that she is any closer. I believe that 17, princess and possibly the untagged girl will kid between March1st and May1st as they don't seem to be showing yet, although I could be wrong. I am hoping now that I have had two of these does go in less than a month that the rest will just keep popping them out, just not all at once....LOL....I can just see me and hubby in the barn trying to get everyone dry and nursing if they go in a group/s !!! I suppose go check on the newest members of the herd and then try to get some sleep!!! :laugh: :lovey:

2. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK
    Re: My girls!

Thats alot going on in your world! I've only got four does due starting in April. Its too cold here to have them any sooner (for my setup anyway). I'll have to keep watching your posts to get my kid fix!

3. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Wow I couldn't imagine having that many! We have 3 due next week, and one at the end of April if she took, and then we'll be done. We are keeping any does that our girls give us, so no telling how many to be bred for next year. I guess I won't be so nervous with that idea since we'll add onto our barn this summer and get it finished up. Right now all the inside setups are temporary. So I am with you bleatinghearts, except now we're getting into good weather for kidding in KY.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

You sure have your hands full ...don't you.... :shocked: :hug: :wink:

5. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

well so far nothing new! the new kids are doing good though up and nursing on mom, so today I will check the doeling out and see if she gets to stay, if she does my sister gets to name her since she was born on her b=day.

6. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

25's ligs are either extremely soft/gone, she didn't want to get up to eat tonight, just layed there when she is normally one the first to attack when you walk in with the bag. Also her udder has filled alot in the last 24hrs, and you can see the skin through all of the hair.

7. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN
    Re: My girls! Pics Added 2/22

sorry about the quality these are off of my phone and had to play with the brightness and contrast.
    5back
    [​IMG]
    5udder
    [​IMG]
    20-one of the whales=LOL
    [​IMG]
    21 another of the whales, shes huge
    [​IMG]
    25-so close, and yet she keeps me waiting
    [​IMG]
    :hair: :GAAH: :doh:
    Never again will we do this with out due dates, the wait alone is excrutiating, the not knowing is worse.

8. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

They are so fuzzy and wide! I am with you on the not knowing. When we bought our first two does last spring we didn't know due dates just a month when they'd be due. It's okay with just two... but having a due date makes things so much easier! We got lucky with the girls this time around, and know everyone's due date except for one, but I know her last heat was a few days before or after my 2/25 girls...so any time with her.

I could NOT imagine having sooooo many does... I have enough of a time with the handful that we have! But then they are spoiled, needy, etc. LOL

9. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

:) well we decided that since we were addicted to the goats we might as well try to make a living off 'em so far not working, but I will be culling after everyone kids, to get down to the best mothers that we have, plus my milk girls. thats why for now, I still refer to all the does that don't already have names by their numbers, if they have a name I get too attached and have problems when I cull them out. I am hoping to get them down to a more reasonable herd size of like 12, to breed 6 for spring and 6 for fall, then I can also sell some does as 50% regestered breeding stock once I get the buck I want this spring. any ways I will try to remember to take the camera out tomorrow, I seem to keep forgetting the regular camera in the house.

10. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN
    Re: My girls! Better Pics

Sorry don't have much for topshots no one wanted to cooperate and stand still.
    [​IMG]

5 Backside
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20 top
    [​IMG]

20 udder, she has two teats, but so far only one side has started to fill, if it doesnt correct itself, she'll have to go
    [​IMG]

23-does she look posty? or is it just me wishing?
    [​IMG]

23 top veiw
    [​IMG]

and thats all for now....HOW Much longer? any guesses? Just guess days weeks?

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

23 might be getting posty -

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I agree with Stacey... it does look that way..... :thumb: :wink:

13. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

YEA :leap: :wahoo: I feel so bad for her she's just huge and has steadly been getting bigger the last 6 weeks, I am really hoping she has 3 or more in there...cause wowzer is she big, I'd measure how wide but she wouldn't stand still.

14. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN
    Re: My girls! Better Pics-23's ligs gone!

:cool: :clap: :wahoo: 23's ligs are gone, and everybody has decided I don't need sleep cause almost all of them are now gooy on the back end! :wahoo: So ready for kids and to be done so I can sleep, hopefully.

15. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Oh my catch your sleep when you can.

16. iddybit acres

iddybit acres New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Newberry, MI

i'd be going crazy right about now! ok i am a little waiting on my girl, but i don't think i could handle that many, esp with working 30-40 hours a week and two kid's!! Hope you get some rest!

17. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Well I would say 23 looks posty. Good luck with them all. I love boer goats. I hope you don't have to cull to many of them.

18. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia

:shocked: You have your hands full! I hope 20 fills the other side of her udder as well because she looks like a very thick doe from the pictures. Looks like she has shorter but extremely thick legs and is very broad...nice! If she doesn't, I wonder if she had an udder injury that she wouldn't necessarily pass on to her offspring?
    Wish you were closer so I could grab dibs if you culled her. :p Can't wait to see pictures of 23's babies! Happy kidding.

19. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

How are the girls? are you having a long night too? I hope all is well :)

20. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

No kids yet, Hubby took care of them last night as I have got the stomach flu, but I feel much better today so will let you know when she decides to have them.