The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what do to. Is this ok? Is there something I should give her? Will she just pass it? Please help.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know for sure how much she ate but it was a lot. Probably 3 feet or more and the twine is a little bigger than the string on a feed sack. Is there something I should give her?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I would take a piece of the string to your vet or at least call them just to make sure. If it's 100% cotton and this is a full grown goat with a fully functioning rumen, I would say it would probably pass. I'd be a little more concerned if it was a plastic or nylon string. Watch to make sure your goat is not in any discomfort or having trouble pooping. However, a quick call to your vet would best ease your mind.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the twine is plastic, not cotton and yeah she is a full-grown pygmy goat. I would say it has been about 24hrs and she still looks fine. How long will it take for the goat to be able to pass it? Is the only fix having her have surgery?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Since it's been three days, and if she's acting normally, and still pooping as usual, I'd say she's probably ok. Keep an eye on her though.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hope she's doing good. Mine have eaten some twine before I got to them and other plastic bits (a bright yellow cap off a wagon once) and I've never seen a poop color change, but I did see them pooping normal. So I'd think as long as all is normal with bowels, you should be good - just don't expect to see a color change, just check for normal turds. Sorry, I like saying turds, I giggle each time I say it even if I'm out with them. Haha.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts