my goat has spots!!

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by zara, Oct 19, 2020.

1. zara

zara New Member

Oct 19, 2020
    ireland
    Hello Everyone
    I'm new to this site and a bit of a technophobe so please bear with me - I mean I'm not even sure if this is a post!!
    am writing from Ireland and its about Marnie, my three year old Saanen Anglo Nubian Doe who is currently a harrassed mum of two little bucks.
    I have eight goats altogether and they are all in good health, they live on rough browsing, hay, oats and vit powder and all have access to a lick.
    Marnie got pegged out on a new spot yesterday and today she has scratches on her nose and the sides of her mouth are a bit swollen and pimply. Of course I'v spent the morning freaking out about Orf or sore mouth, but none of the others have it and Marnie is eating voraciously and doesnt seem in the least bit bothered = though she did object to the tea tree oil I swabbed on!
    Anyone have any ideas? I;m wondering wether she's eaten an irritant.

Iluvlilly! and MadHouse like this.
  2. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Pictures would really help!

MadHouse likes this.

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Either eaten something or got stung by something.

4. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Pimply like little white pimples? If so maybe Staph? Usually found on udder and vulva area but would want to rule it out. As mentioned pictures would help ID them. Tea tree is good for staph, fungal and cuts..so I would definitely continue that..maybe dilute a bit.

MadHouse likes this.
  5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :nod::up:

Pics would help though, to be sure.