The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am very new to this and looking for advice before I call the vet. My milking goat is squatting like she needs to pee but nothing is coming out. She pees throughout the day normally but does this in between. I have noticed it for about a week now. Is this normal?

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Is this while she's on the stand? Mine do that occasionally while they are on the stand, but it's because they want me to stop milking I think. How long ago did she kid? Is she acting normal otherwise, eating, drinking, pooping okay? Did you take her temp?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She doesn't do it on the stand. She mostly does it when my other goat is peeing. And when I bought her I was told she will need to get pregnant again end of this month or next at latest. She doesn't seem sick but I haven't taken her temp yet. Her poop and eating and all that are normal. It's so strange.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know she does smell her a lot. Not her pee but her... I'll watch to see if she does it while she's peeing.

·
Registered
30,552 Posts
She maybe in heat....

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
My does do that sometimes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. I will just make sure she doesn't get a fever and how much/long it last. I'll give it a few more days because she seems just fine besides that. Maybe she's just an awkward goat :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts