The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
8,603 Posts
What minerals do you have available, and what are you feeding her?Are you sure she is pregnant? If so, how far a long?

· Registered
8,603 Posts
How much alfalfa? It is possible that she has 'dropped', giving her the look of sunkin in hips. She does look quite thin, though.

· Registered
8,603 Posts
Has she been in with the buck since march? Or only in march? Have you had a fecal done, including cocci?

· Registered
8,603 Posts
Are you sure she's pregnant?

A fecal is a test where you take some poop to a vet, and they check for worm eggs and cocci if you ask for it. It is important to check for cocci as well. I would do a fecal. It only costs $10-$20 and is important to do before you de worm.

· Registered
398 Posts
She definitely needs worming. I would go with ivomec plus (make sure it says plus). We had 2 rescue does that had a worm overload and looked just like that this summer, we went to worm them the day after we got them and one was already down and very bad off. We wormed them both and gave them some other stuff but for the one it was too late for and she passed, but the other was looking a lot better within a week.

· Registered
8,603 Posts
Is Ivomec Plus safe for pregnant does? I can't remember. And make sure to re-worm again in 10 days.

· Super Moderator
36,680 Posts
If she is due in March then she has a way to go..I would do as suggested and have a fecal done..include cocci.

what grain is she on now and what was she eating at your uncles?
she should also have access to loose minerals

· Super Moderator
36,680 Posts
Since she is under weight..a bit of grain wouldnt hurt...I would start with 1/2 cup twice daily...increase slowly...

Ivomec plus IS safe for pregnant does : ) I use it with no issues...the PLUS is clorsulon, and proven safe fro pregant animals...; )
1 cc per 40# sub Q 3 times 10 days apart then again in 30 days..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.