My goat milk Soap... Pics

Discussion in 'Crafty Cabin' started by milk and honey, Mar 13, 2011.

1. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    This recipe is all by weight:
    Almond oil 113 g
    Coco butter 28.35g
    Coconut oil 793.8 g
    Jojoba oil 87 g
    Olive oil 708 g
    Palm oil 650.3 g
    Beeswax 35 g

700 g. frozen goat milk
    889 g lye

The milk was about 90 degrees and the oils were about 100 when I joined them. Then used a stick type mixer/blender to stir till trace.
    Then added :
    1 cup finely crushed oatmeal
    4 Tblsp Honey
    a few drops of almond extract, and a few drops of Vanilla
    Found the molds in a funny recycling shop called creation station... drying them on 7-up crates!

Attached Files:

2. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Wow, they look awesome. I can't wait to get to do some of my own. Now to get those bucks sold so I can have some start up money to get the supplies.

Where did you buy your oils from? I sourced some lard,peanut oil,and olive oil at the grocery store but not sure where to get those other oils like palm and coconut oil.

I'll bet you can hardly wait for the 4 week cure to be over. :)

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    It looks great! I am wanting to get into soap making this year...it's looks fun!

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Good job :thumbup:

Coconut oil is available at Walmart in the baking section of the store...as well as Olive, Canola, Safflower etc.

Be careful using Peanut oil...especially if anyone who will be using the soap has an allergy to peanuts. :wink:

5. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    I have one of those "artsy" supermarkets around here, that has many oils in both the oil section and also the health section.. you can find everything online.. but I went to
    Zennith supplies in Seattle and got large amounts of palm and coconut oils.. I've also looked on ebay at a place called "country store" or country rose... something like that
    anyway, they have a very large selection of soapmaking stuff for good prices. There are also many recipes that use Veg shortening, Canola, and olive oils... but it's kinda fun
    to put some of the special oils in for added benefits..
    It was alot of fun! and I got about 5 lbs of soap!