My goats are crazy...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by lesserweevil, Oct 9, 2007.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oh boy it just makes my day sitting up there watching them :lol:

Demi, for example. A few weeks ago, she was all "I want to attack everyone because I'm the best." Then she was surgically dehorned and now - "please don't attack me, heeeelp"

Whisper is really enjoying the new Demi. Now she is officially Queen, with no competition at all! Harmie has never wanted to fight anyone, so Whissy doesn't even bother with her.

Demi's new fighting attitude is a bit like this:

Whisper: get out of my way you little &^*%
    Demi: Shan't!

Demi rears up on her hind legs and twists her head into a good Attacking Pose

Whisper steps back and gets ready to retaliate.

Demi, in mid air, decides that maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all - and instead of landing facing Whisper, turns in mid air and makes a run for it.

Whisper: Come back and fight, you little whatsit!
    Demi: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Demi runs and hides behind any object she can find.

:roll:

Oh and then we have Samuel. He seems to think that Whisper's udder still belongs to him - and dashes towards it. Whissy, on the other hand, HATES that, and will beat him up every time he does it. She still hasn't cottoned on to the fact that his head is actually harder than hers because of the horns. She puts up a jolly good fight though, and he usually runs away...

I put Samuel up on the milking stand to do his feet, locking his head into the stanchion so that he couldn't escape. I stood above him, and picked up a hind foot and started trimming. Samuel started to moan and groan and cry and generally jump around and be a pain.

I'm like "Samuel! Stop being a baby!"

and ignore his yells as sure, doesn't everyone tell me their goats yell when they get their hooves trimmed? and Samuel is a cry baby anyway.

After a little while of this I get sick of it and turn around to tell him in no uncertain terms to shut up.

At which point I see Whisper standing beside him, calming chewing his ear with immense concentration.

I got really mad at her and told Sammy I was sorry and didn't realise. He calmed down after that. :roll:

Goats, huh? They're so hilarious!

2. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    and don't their antics such as you describe just make the day??!!!
    it's those darned sweet eyes and little nuzzles, and that little 'maaaa' whenever they see us....they have us well attached. and so we become goat maniacs.......how sweet it is.

3. Droopymole

Droopymole New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    In my hole...
    My kids, (there's three doelings now) are so fun to watch! They jump and butt and nibble on each other and it is HILARIOUS! I love goats....lol

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh dear Katie that was to funny!

But my Jasper is such a baby when it comes to having his hooves trimmed he was crying and carying on as if I was hurting him! GOATS!

5. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    LOL! Yep, they do some of the craziest things!!

Right now Tink thinks that she is Queen of the pasture and I really think that she has no clue that she is about 1/8 the size of the others :roll:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Oh yah those little ones think they are big!

Mia was challenging Sweet Pea this morning during feeding. Come on Mia she is triple your size! :roll: of course as soon as Sweet Pea accepted the challenge Mia came running to me.

7. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Yeah, Tink is doing this thing where she likes to bounce around the other Does and see just how long she can do it until it gets on their nerves... then she goes running back to Mommy :roll:

8. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    AWWW... It is too funny!! I like to hear this stories!! SOO cute!!

9. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    It sounds like they are gradually getting you trained, Katie. :wink: At some point, you will give up trying to teach them any manners and their job will be done. I love how you describe them though!

Kristen

10. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I've got all my goats trained, none of them care about having their hooves trimmed LOL
    They all love to pick fights though. Ever since I got Raven(black doe) all of the goats are confusing her and Molly(the herdqueen, also black) and they have all been fighting with Molly. Molly is not very happy we brought Raven home, LOL They do leave Raven alone though :D

11. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    when i am on the computor i can sit & look out the front window at the front pasture & watch the girls playing. it is sooo relaxing. yep dosen't take them long to train us

12. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Ahh Lesserweevil you told that so well! And what a sweetie Whisper is, the "Cud Whisperer"!

13. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Cud Whisperer? There's nothing worse than Cud Whisperers... they come up to whisper to you and you get a nose full of Goat Mouth Perfume *groans*