My goats are missing!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mariella, Sep 29, 2020.

1. mariella

mariella Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    I'm heartbroken, I was away from home in another state for a few days and my sister was taking care of the farm, my brother decided to visit and the goats got out of their pen, it's never a big deal because they just stay in the yard, but when my brother went to leave they followed him to the road and he didn't come back up to let my sister know they were following him he just sped up! If he was in front of me right now I would rip his teeth out!!!!
    They went missing Sunday night around 7 pm, we are surrounded by big plots of land and thick woods. My sister and a friend went door to door yesterday asking if anyone had seen them but had no luck. We are friends with the people that own the biggest plot around so I'm going to be asking them if they mind me driving their hay fields to search for them.

If your the praying type then please pray that we find our babies!

2. Iluvlilly!

Iluvlilly! Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Oh no im so sorry to hear that:hug: I hope you find them soon! I will definitely be praying for you and your herd. Good luck:goatkiss:(pray)

3. Boers4ever

Boers4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    Oh no how awful! If my brother did that I’d knock his teeth out too. I am definitely praying for you and your goats.

4. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Oh dear, I'm so sorry! Rest assured they are totally fine having a GREAT time with all the new browse they have discovered! This happened once to us with our first pair of goats 10+ years ago. They were safe and happy when we found them! Don't forget to bring a scoop or bucket or whatever you normally rattle some grain in!

5. NDinKY

NDinKY Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Kentucky
    That’s awful! Hope they find their way home soon!

6. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm so sorry. I sure hope you find them safe and sound.

7. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

I am sorry your brother did not act responsibly! I hope SalteyLove is right and your goats are having a great time, and that you find them soon and that they are fine.

8. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Prayers are being sent

9. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Awwwww i am sorry! I bet they are happy as clams in a bunch of brush somewhere close.

Eta... i DO have a VERY nice pair of steel toed boots if you need to borrow some.... ladies size ten....... i can even clean em up and oil them for you so they are nice and shiny. Yanno... so that dolt brother of yours can see em comin....

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  10. Garnet-the-goat

Garnet-the-goat Member

Sep 2, 2020
    NY
    Aww I am so sorry! I hope You find them soon! Send prayers your way!:hug:

11. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    Praying for their return!!! It's so hard not knowing where they are. Do reach out to local law enforcement and shelters, etc. Sometimes people report loose animals that way.

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is horrible, praying they are found.

13. KST Goat Farm

KST Goat Farm Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2019
    NE Colorado
    Oh no! I am praying you find them soon. Disappearing goats is so stressful.

14. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Prayers for safe return!! I could not imagine!

15. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Grab that feed bucket and start hollaring. I'm always afraid mine will escape. I'm so sorry. Please keep us informed on when you find them.

16. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Oh I hope they return quickly

17. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  18. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Are your goats tame to strangers? Would someone be able to load them in a vehicle with a food bribe if they spotted them along the road?

You might be able to find a local Facebook group for lost pets and see if you can get a tracking dog.

19. This is absolutely heartbreaking! I hope they return safe and sound. I would be livid with your brother, there's no reason for that :(

20. mariella

mariella Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    We still haven't found them yet. I'm going into town today so I will be stopping at the police department to see if they've heard anything, if not I will see about the pound. I started spreading the word on Facebook and a lot of people are keeping an eye out. I'm afraid someone just took them to resell so I talked to some of the local auctions to keep their eye out for them.
    They are tame enough you don't even need feed to catch them, except Sunny but if the others got into someone's car so would she.