My goats are missing!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mariella, Sep 29, 2020.

1. mariella

mariella Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    Could I/Should I file a police report about them being missing?

2. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

I would definately file a report. I am sorry they have not yet been found. Oh if that was my brother I would ban him untill he finds my goats.
    Here we must chip our animals. So all my animals have a chip.
    Oooh I am livid for you and worried for them.
    I am praying they will be found

3. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Yes..I agree..file a report. Make posters to set out. Somone has seen them. They may not know how to find the owner. Prayers for you and them!!

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Yep, file a report.

Are they tattooed, have tags?

Give descriptions, pictures if you have them.

5. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Definitely posters! Many folks don't use Facebook

6. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Pictures are always better. Oh I am so worried here

7. mariella

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    Sunny is the only one that has Tattoos and none of the other are marked yet. I was going to take my Nubian doelings in next week to get their tattoos and have their horns removed.

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  8. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Prayers that they are safely returned or find their way home.

9. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I am so very sorry, that is heartbreaking. I sure hope you get them back. I'll say a prayer for you tonight!

10. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    What a horrible thing to happen! I hope you find your goats safe and sound very soon! Definitely contact the police and county sheriffs office. They are often the first to get reports of loose animals. Might also want to contact the county brand inspector because they are usually present at most auctions. Good luck!

MadHouse likes this.
  11. MidnightRavenFarm

MidnightRavenFarm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2020
    Butler TN
    My heart breaks for you. I am so sorry. I’m really hoping you update us with some good news soon.

12. NDinKY

NDinKY Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Kentucky
    Keeping you and your goats in my thoughts. Hopefully animal control or the police have heard something.

13. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Here goaties goaties goaties. Your momma is worried about you. Oh my heart is breaking. I dont know what I would do if my babies just walked out of here.

14. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

What a horrible situation. Praying you find them! Definitely get posters with pictures, your phone number, texting number, email, or whatever the best way to contact you is!

Did all of the goats go missing, or do you still have one or two left? Just wondering if you could walk it around on a leash to see if it will call for the others. So sorry to hear this happened! :hug:

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  16. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

Any news? Praying they are ok!
    Do you have a game camera or something you can put out to see if they return? Maybe set out some grain and put a game camera on a tree nearby it to see if they come around to any spots in your neighborhood.

17. MidnightRavenFarm

MidnightRavenFarm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2020
    Butler TN
    I have been thinking about you all day. I just can’t imagine having to deal with that. By the way... you should casually mention to your brother that you know a whole herd of women who know how to castrate...

18. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Still no babies home? Oh I am so sad now

19. mariella

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    I filed a police report yesterday and hit all of the auctions going on. I plan on walking the ravines to see if they used them to get away. I was thinking about putting feed out but we have wild deer that come in the yard and I know they would eat all of the feed before my goats come home. I will also be going to the locale pounds and giving them my number and some pictures of the goats.
    If the goats were coming home and just leaving again I would know because we live on dirt roads and they would be leaving hoof prints. By the time they get back, I will have lost 80 pounds just from walking the roads looking for fresh hoof prints every morning.

20. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Your brother owes you a lot of money. I sure hope he is helping you look for them and not the total jerk he is sounding like.