My goats are missing!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mariella, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

@mariella oh this must be so devestaring

2. mariella

mariella Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    ... I wish I could say he's the best big brother in the world and he's doing everything in his power to help... but he says it's not his fault that they were loose to begin with and that he was "Triggered" by how messy the yard was and he couldn't bring himself to come back up the driveway to let my sister know.

3. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

You have got to be kidding me! What a selfish answer! If it were my brother I woulds made him go out look8ng

4. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Just wow. Unbelievable.

5. littleheathens

littleheathens Active Member

Apr 27, 2019
    south central WI
    Family...it would be great if we could pick 'em. It's such a shame this happened but also that it was your own brother.

How many are there?

If you are not on it, you might want to look into using Nextdoor. It is a site for neighborhood residents to communicate, post things for sale, etc (social media on the small scale). Ours is not very active but I regularly see posts about animals on the loose (usually dogs) in the neighboring communities' posts. It's relatively easy to set one up too. Once it's up you can communicate with other neighborhoods through it.

6. AlabamaGirl

AlabamaGirl Active Member

Jun 18, 2020
    Southeast
    I know it may seem like a crazy idea, but can you ask the local news to put out an alert for your goats?

And I hope you find them soon!

7. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

I think that’s a great idea!

Sending prayers they will be found soon!

8. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Hey Mariella. Have you contacted vets in your area..people call them when they find livestock. Also have you contacted your 4H or FFA group? They would help you look for them. Or may know the people whom live around you..to ask if anyone has seen them. Also check on Craigslist..I've seen looking for and found animals on there.

9. MuldrowBeeandGoatFarm

MuldrowBeeandGoatFarm Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    Texas
    What an asshat......so sorry about your babies and your brothers lack of respect for you

10. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

I watched this thread hoping that any moment they would be found! I can't imagine what you must be going through, I would be an absolute wreck. I can't handle it when I can't find a possession like a sweatshirt or something. This would just destroy me. How are you doing? If there's anything you'd like to get off you chest or talk about, we are here for you. :bighug:
    Don't forget to check your area's craigslist if you haven't.

11. mariella

mariella Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    We still haven't found them yet. I haven't been updating because I'm livid with my mother, she keeps saying it's my sister's fault that they left and not my brother's because she should have been watching them, know I agree she should have made sure they were put up but she's not the one who drove away when she knew they were following!

My mother is a conspiracy theorist and thinks the world is ending so she wants more goats because they are easier to care for than cows, well she doesn't want to spend more than $180 each so she wants to go to an auction! My heart is still broken for the loss of my babies and she wants me to get diseased, wild, parasite-ridden goats! I told her if she gives me a month or two I could find healthy goats for $200 each but she's SURE the world will end before then!
    We are in the middle of a religious holiday and the Saturday that the auction is held happens to also be a high Sabbath so she plans on going so we don't have to wait another 2 weeks! I think she's lost her mind!

Okay, my rant is over, for now, I still have hope my babies will find their way home.

12. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm so sorry. That is sad all the way around.

13. MellonFriend

But if the world is going to end, is she prepared to be 100% self sufficient to care for the goats? Can you feed them, provide parasite management, and health care potentially sick animals need without any outside help? This is what doesn't make any sense. There's nothing wrong with being prepared for a national emergency, but I don't see why buying a couple low quality animals helps your family be prepared.

14. MidnightRavenFarm

MidnightRavenFarm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2020
    Butler TN
    She should start off small with like meat chickens. Guaranteed food and start up cost isn’t a fortune

MadHouse, Sfgwife, Iluvlilly! and 3 others like this.
  15. MellonFriend

:up: That's a really good point.

16. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  17. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I'm so sorry. Have you posted pictures around your area? I'm always looking at pictures on posts. Since we live out in the rural area.

MadHouse and CaramelKittey like this.
  18. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    Unless the whole family is on board for caring for them and good sound management, chickens is a good idea. Even if you get healthy stock, the same scenario is waiting to happen.

MadHouse, Sfgwife, Iluvlilly! and 2 others like this.