My goats are missing!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mariella, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    I hope you find them and well, good luck with your mom's ideas. Maybe she will go with Chickens.

2. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear all that! Really hope you find them!
    Meat chickens, and egg-laying chickens are a great way to go. There are a lot of great dual-purpose breeds out there like Leghorns.
    I can only imagine the pain you are feeling. :hug:

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

They have already owned goats. So her mom already knows the drill. Sounds more like panic buying. I can't imagine there would be a rush on goats like there was toilet paper.

4. mariella

mariella Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    I will address comments tomorrow but for now, we think we know where they are. We have been camping in the front yard for 3 days now and today I woke up to hearing a young goat screening but one of our neighbors owns goats so I passed it off as one of her's (She lives 1/2 mile uphill from us so we often hear her goats, and we have a neighbor between us) but tonight we heard it and went to the fence and sure enough it's in the barn just across from us. I will call the sheriff first thing in the morning to see what can be done.

We have bad blood with that neighbor and I really hope she doesn't have them for her sake! The sheriff said the next bit of trouble he had out of her he would file a harassment charge if we didn't.

But dear lord please pray they are there so they can come home!

5. CCCSAW

CCCSAW Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2019
    California
    Omg... i really hope she didn't take them. I mean i get that they where or and all but to hide them. Purse for a complaint if that is the case

6. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

@mariella we are praying your babies are safe and that you get them back in good health. As for your brother he should pay any legal cost that you may incur now. Oh many prayers going your way.

7. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

(pray) Oh please, oh please, oh please, let them be there. Well on the bright side at least if they are there, they haven't been wandering around with no care all this time.

8. AlabamaGirl

AlabamaGirl Active Member

Jun 18, 2020
    Southeast
    Updates as soon as humanly possible please:hug:!

(hoping you find them safe and sound)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  9. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Fingers crossed you get your goats home today!

10. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    I check this post a few times a day in hopes of good news. :hug:Sending good thoughts!!

11. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

Praying you can get them back! Hopefully that means they weren’t starved. (pray)

12. KST Goat Farm

KST Goat Farm Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2019
    NE Colorado
    I pray you get them back today and they are all in good health.

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  14. mariella

mariella Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    Well, the sheriff confirmed that they are over there, we are waiting on the ladies husband to come home so we can pick them up. She said she's had them for 5 out of the 9 days and they were running around in her yard when she found them and decided to put them in the barn because she didn't know who they belonged to, The only people that own goats within a 2-mile radius are us, The neighbor I mentioned before, and a Boer farmer almost 2 miles away so her options were limited as to who they belonged to. But as long as I get my babies back I don't care how long she had them.

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Good hearing they are safe.
    Praying all goes well.
    Have pictures and anything to identify them ready, just in case. :)

16. AlabamaGirl

AlabamaGirl Active Member

Jun 18, 2020
    Southeast
    I'm glad you found them! That was nice of your neighbor to keep them cozy in a barn.

17. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm so glad. Hopefully all of them are there.

18. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Oh happy days.... oh happy days... I hope they have no injuries and that they had good meals....

19. KST Goat Farm

KST Goat Farm Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2019
    NE Colorado
    I am so glad you found them. I bet you feel so relieved. I hope all goes well today.

20. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    I'm so glad you located them! I hope they're all just fine and I hope you can somehow mend things with your neighbors.