My goats are missing!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mariella, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

:party::dazed:
    I am sorry they get out.

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  2. MuldrowBeeandGoatFarm

MuldrowBeeandGoatFarm Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    Texas
    They are brats and the know it!!

Moers kiko boars likes this.

3. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

But they love their home

4. mariella

mariella Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    Thanks everyone. I know there is more than one side to a story and we used to be friendly with her but a lot of private stuff went down and now we are just trying to avoid talking to her. Her husband is the one we talk to if we need to communicate but he isn't home very often.
    As for keeping my goats home, I'm moving them back to their 10 cattle panel pen which worked really well, the only reason they got out was because my mother wanted me to try and use 4 panels instead so I could move them by myself and she wanted to use my panels. I was going to move them back to 10 panels anyway because 4 just wasn't working!

I also forgot to mention that the reason we don't get chickens is that we already have 300 +/-. Don't ask what's going through my mother's head because I don't know! I love her to death but she drives me up a wall!
    I own goats because I love goats and I've owned them since I was 2 and I can't imagine life without them now, makes you wonder why I'm still such a noob when it comes to goats, but let me tell you if I lose these girls I'm not getting any more until I move out and live on my own land! That's how far up a wall my mother drives me...

5. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Love, peace and strength to you @mariella .

6. mariella

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    And since I have you all here I just wanted to tell you about some good luck I had with my goats.
    My buck was spending some time with a friends girl's, to help them be mothers again, and on the 12th I told her I was going to pick him up on the 14th, I had planned on taking him over to another friends house to help her girl's out as well but she wasn't feeling good that day so I brought him home with me. Well, it turns out that the only doe I have to breed this year was in a standing heat that same day! I was trying to get her bred by the end of the month but she's not friendly and I was having a hard time judging when she was and wasn't in heat. I had no idea she was in heat, but I thought since I have him right there I would let him scent her and see if she come into heat soon... It was over really quickly... He walked over to her and blepped her, she flagged her tail at him, he jumped on, he fell off, and for the rest of the day, they were left alone because no one wanted to interrupt them.
    But what luck that I would bring him home on the very day she was in a standing heat! I'm really looking forward to their babies!

7. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

See. All works out

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  8. mariella

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    Oh yeah! I also forgot to mention I bought a bell for Sunny! She hates it but I love it because when I have them free-ranging (They are only free-ranging when I'm home and outside doing stuff) I know where the herd is at all times! I also got her a new collar because what I had on her wasn't working out too well. I regret not getting everyone a collar and bell but it'll have to wait a bit longer.

9. MidnightRavenFarm

MidnightRavenFarm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2020
    Butler TN
    The goat with the horns reminds me so much of my goat, rebel

10. MidnightRavenFarm

MidnightRavenFarm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2020
    Butler TN
    Omg I completely understand. My neighbor despises us and I will lose my mind if she talks to me. So if any confrontation happens it has to be between my husband and her husband. It’s frustrating because I have so much to get off my chest, but I know for the sake of being neighbors I need to just shut up and stay over in my yard. I’m sorry your having a rough time