The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a alpine buckling that I’m an concerned about. His bleet sounds very strained and dry. This morning when I herd it I thought he was choking but he seemed fine. I thought he may have injured his throat while pushing on the gate trying to smell the does. Am I overreacting? Is there anything I can give him that will help?

·
TKC Farms
2,600 Posts
My goes crazy when in rut. Head banging gates, sounding like he a sissy instead of what he normally is. Lol He has even now decided he loves garlic with a little dab of peanut butter. He use to not come near me but this year only out of 4 years has he decided to come up to me and get the treat. I just have to keep an eye on him because he can butt pretty good. He is a good strong Buck but is a sissyfied boy when in rut.

Reactions: MadHouse

·
Registered
336 Posts
My boys do the same thing...especially my buck when he smells a nice lady or my wether when he can't be near a doe who he has decided is his mom (she's not, lol!). It always goes back to normal a day or two after they calm down.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
My buck has an opera voice when he is either ready for more food or his girls are walking to the back of their pen, or worst of all, when his girls are leaving their pen with me and he is missing out. He has had voice strain a few times. It lasts one day.

·
TKC Farms
2,600 Posts
How long does rut last in a buck?

·
TKC Farms
2,600 Posts
I put up a electric fence that includes the gate and he broke the wire and went thru. We had just made it hot and the gate was latched but not chained. He has almost broken the gate in half. His horn spread are almost 2 feet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts