My goats, need opinions.... (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by NubianLover, Nov 15, 2010.

1. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    So after doing a little bit of research through my emails on the goats I purchased (before I signed up here.... before I knew anything about goats) I have found some information out on my goats and would like some opinions, please.
    This is my buck. In this photo he was a yearling. He is now 2.
    [​IMG]

Here is his dam
    [​IMG]

Her udder (sorry so small!)
    [​IMG]

And here is his sire
    [​IMG]

Now, remember the black buckling I was considering? I do own his full sister. My question on her.... do you think I should keep her? Or sell her? She doesn't seem a whole lot bigger than what she was in this photo. She is a May baby.
    [​IMG]

Remember dam's udder on above doeling
    [​IMG]

Here is the doeling's sire
    [​IMG]

Should I sell her :shrug:

Also, my other doeling I don't have any photos on. Purchased from same person as above doeling. This doeling's granddam on sire's side is same as the aboves does udder. On bottom side of pedigree, is Loveland He Faith, out of Lakeshore Hearts Enferno and Hylands Millie Fleur. The person said Faith is a good producer, but never saw any photos. I am debating on selling her.... She is a really nice doe personality, though. I can get photos of my doeling if that would help. There is no way I can get photos on her sire/dam at this time, however. What do you think? :?

I do have one more buck. Here is my only photo of him. He is a February baby. I do not have any photos of dam or sire. Nor do I have udder shots. I do not have his papers back yet, either. Sorry!
    [​IMG]

Here is a link to my website's does page. It lists full pedigrees out with some other photos of my doelings.
    http://thelazyg.webs.com/does.htm

Sorry to throw all this out at once. This is one of the 1st evenings I have been able to gather all this information. Thanks for any advice :hug:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'm by far expert on looks/confirmation but I'll do my best to point out what I like and what needs improved.
    I really like the second buck compared to the first...he has a nicer topline and a longer level rump, the May doeling has a very nice Nubian face and ears, she's deep bodied but really looks to be lacking length, could be the way she is standing but she has a high rump , her withers should be higher than her butt. The udder on your first bucks mom doesnt look bad, could use a higher wider rear attachment but the medial and teat size look good.
    If you were to keep the May baby I would breed her with the 2nd buck as he looks to have what she lacks..long body and level rump.

3. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    Thanks Liz for the information on the black/white doe and if I do breed her. I am just not sure if I should keep her or sell her based on her dam's udder. I do like her head as you mentioned.

If anyone else has other opinions that would be great, too!

4. comingsummers

comingsummers New Member

May 6, 2010
    Northern New Mexico
    I agree with liz that the second buck looks much nicer. I really prefer the long and tall look that he has, although it would be nice to see his dam and her udder, but sometimes that just isn't possible. The udder on the first buck's dam looks pretty nice, but she didn't seem to have alot of capacity and I didn't really care for her topline. His sire did look nice structurely though. As far as your doeling goes; she has a very nice face and her ears look great, but at least in that picture her rump looks VERY high. Could just be the picture though. I like the looks of her parents too.
    Well, I hope this helps. Good luck!