My Grandmas Surgery

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by TinyHoovesRanch, Jan 25, 2011.

1. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Please pray for my grandma, shes going to the hospital thursday, she has had breast cancer and it came back so her doctor said it would be best to just remove both breasts so the cancer wouldnt come back or spread.

My grandma is so scared, I am too. I JUST went through all this cancer stuff with my other grandma who passed away, I cant lose another grandma...

We could use all the prayers we can get!

I will update everyone thursday.....

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Surgery thursday for my grandma

Prayers for your grandma's recovery :pray: Many prayers as well to help her cope with whatever the outcome may be :hug:

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Oh Laura, you can sure count on me. I know how you feel (kind of),I found out last week my step mother had Colon cancer, she went in today for the surgery,and with all the prayers from Friends, family and Face book friends, she came thou with flying colors. I will be praying. I will also be praying for you. I can only imagine what you are going thou. Just remember it is in Gods hands.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

You bet cha... :hug: I am praying... for your grandma.... It has to be very stressful for everyone....Prayers are sent that way...may God bless.... :pray: :hug:

5. TinyHoovesRanch

Thanks so much guys!

My grandma started crying when she heard you guys were praying! Shes so scared, I feel horrible that she has to go through this, but im here for her, no matter what!

My other grandma had colon cancer too, its so rough :(

6. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Your so welcome ...anytime.... :thumb: :hug:

There are alot of prayers sent your grandma's way... so there is alot of Power to make things better........ I know.... it is a scary thing to go though.... the power of prayer is amazing and strong.........I am sorry.... you all have to deal with bad things....it isn't easy....and we ...are on your side..... :hug: :pray:

7. TinyHoovesRanch

It means so much to me!

Hey we teamed up before! lol this can be the same!

I am pretty excited to see her tomorrow, we havent spent alot of time together lately, shes been depressed! But thats gonna change, im gonna go brighten her spirits

8. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

I hope and pray that everything goes great for your Grandma tomorrow!

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

You betcha... we will team up again.... on this one as well.....Have faith... :hug: :hi5: You are a wonderful and supportive grand daughter...there should be more like you in this world....be strong for her and it will help alot....and make things a little easier....... :hug:

10. TinyHoovesRanch

Thanks!

I went through this same thing with my other grandma, I regretted not spending enough time with her and not being strong for her, she needed me and I got scared....

But im not making that mistake again, im here, and im standing strong! I believe that god will do the very best for us

Thanks guys! Your all making my grandma so happy!

11. nublynn

nublynn New Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Quebec, Canada

Sending Good Vibes and Prayer for a speedy recovery for your grandma!! :pray:

12. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

Sending prayers for your Grandma!

13. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010

May God bless her and keep her safe. Let him work through the Drs to heal her. I ask for strength for the family in there time of need. Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven! Amen.

My granny lost both of her's 20+ years ago. She puts the fake ones in her bra. She loves it! She says she can take them off at night and not worry about rolling over and squashing her nipples! :ROFL:
    When she first got them, she tossed one on my grandfathers chest (he was sitting in his chair reading) he jumped and threw it on the floor. (sounded like a piece of meat hitting the floor) My granny ran over and grabbed it screaming "MY BOOB! Do you know how much that thing cost?!?!?" Things have never been the same since. :greengrin:

Gina

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Your very welcome...we are here for you..... and if ....we can help get rid of some of the worry and pain.... that is a good thing.... :hug: :thumb:

15. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010

Any word yet? She is in my thoughts today. And prayers.

Gina

16. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio

Hi, Laura. Prayers for your grandma, her doctors and you. Trusting that everything went well?

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

:hug: :pray: We are pulling for them..... in prayer...that all went well.... :hug:

18. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

I hope everything went well for your Grandma, and hope you are doing okay.

19. TinyHoovesRanch

SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE!!

I was so busy being a good grand daughter, I didnt even go on the computer.

So her doctor said her surgery went very well!

She had both breasts removed, she was absolutely sick of being worried, and just wanted them gone.

They sent the samples off to the lab, we are hoping no cancer is back, if so the doctor advised her to do chemo again, BUT she said she really doesnt want too, I dont blame her but im hoping she changes her mind.

She had no complications and the incisions were very well done, there wont be much of scars!

When she woke up she was in alot of pain, but we were there for her and it raised her spirits to see us there, her pain went down within an hour. She was held overnight to moniter her pain and to make sure everything was ok

This morning the doctor came in and talked to her, he said she could go home today! She has these tubes connected to where her incisions were, to drain the blood, so it doesnt clot, its actually sucking blood out because its not supossed to be there.

She got all ready and went home, she actually walked out the hospital, they didnt even make her go in a wheelchair! Shes really strong and was running out haha.

She has to keep the tubes on until monday, then shes going to meet with the doctor and get them taken out. Shes just so happy to be home. She recovered very fast and im pretty sure its from everyone praying!

Please pray shes cancer free!!

I also had a very scary talk with the doctor, he said my mom has a HIGH risk of getting breast cancer, so im just really scared for her now, I need prayer for her that she doesnt get it. He said im fine though, but I guess its always possible!

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE :)

20. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Hey Laura..... I am glad.... it went well.... :thumb: .I am still praying... that the test says cancer free.... :hug: :pray: