My Jenna is due can anyone please help (PHOTO) white goo...

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Nublyans, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Nublyans

Nublyans New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and this is my first posting, my doe a pygmy goat was bred during the month of October mid way around the 15th or so... I would know the exact date if I hadn't of thrown out my calendar of 2008... my mistake...loll

She is due anyday I think, a week ago she had yellow stringy goo hanging out and yesterday and today it is a thick white goo (I took this photo to show yous)... Her ligaments seemed to have gone down but they don't look like they've completely gone away... I can still feel them.

I would like to know what you all think by the picture and the white goo... will she be giving birth in the next 12-24 hours or so?
    She has also been pawing at the ground for a nibble... for the last week, and she gives a little chatter and ALOT more friendlier... she even licks us,
    Tonight she is breathing more deeply and heavier and she stands on her ramp as if she is going to climb it but doesn't and she does alot of stretching but she's been stretching alot for the past few days... I think we might have even caught her doing some palates...LOL

I would love to hear what everyone has to say...

Thank you so much,
    Glad I found this forum... I read it everyday!
    And love those Nubian babies! I will be getting my first two Nubian kids this spring!... can't wait!

Lynn

Attached Files:

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Welcome! :wave:

The white stuff is her mucus plug. I have does that start loosing it a month before kidding. But when it starts coming out like that they are usually pretty close to kidding. Once the ligaments really go they seem to kid within 12 hours.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Lynn...welcome to the goat spot... :wave: ...I am so glad you joined.... :greengrin:
    With all the stuff she is doing and the thick discharge... it could be soon very soon...those does can fool us ...and make us wait.... and... wait.....LOL welcome to our "pull out your hair club".. :greengrin: ..LOL :hair: Some of us are bald.... no... not really ....but they sure make us feel that way sometimes... :shocked:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    my guess with in 24 hours or less - probably more like 12 hours from the time that picture was taken. she is streaming now so that is a good sign.

Welcome to TGS!!! :wave:

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome to the Goat Spot :wave: from Idaho

What a pretty girl (from the back end :ROFL: )

Yeppers - everytime mine have streamed like that - it was within 12 hours that I had kids! Keep an eye on her and make sure where she is at to kid is warm (Not sure where you are from - here it is to get to be 2 degrees tonight).

Her bag looks like it could get fuller - but kinda hard to see with it hairy - is it tight?

6. Nublyans

Nublyans New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Thank you !!

Jenna photo was taking at 3 am this morning,

I have a moniter in the house so i can here everything thats going on out there and still i walk out there just to make sure and see...lol I would really love to have a camera out there...maybe one day!!

yes the waiting is very long lol..Can't wait to see her little sweety's..
    I'll keep you all posted
    Thank you very much!!

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    your welcome...........happy kidding.... :greengrin:

8. Nublyans

Nublyans New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    I live in Montreal Canada up north..YES we have alot of snow here and its -5 (25F)Here..
    Jenna is in her pen where it is nice and cozy..
    Her bag is not tight like i think it should be but is nice and round ..and yes she's got alot of hair there and is harder to see.
    I keep going in there to take a peep on her. Its now 12:18 am 21 and 1/2 hours from when i took the photo of her, almost 24 hours later..
    mmmmmmmmmm its long waiting lol..

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh boy yes the waiting is long! So is she acting like she is going into labor yet?

10. Nublyans

Nublyans New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    I just went out to see her .. I have noticed that she is talking more in a little voice and gives little grunt sounds and is laying down more with heavy breathing and when she gets up on the ramp she yawns and stretche's ..her tail is straight up lately.it looks like labour is starting but then I could be fooled lol...

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh the baby talk -- isnt it so sweet :love:

yup she is starting labor.

Not sure if you have had kiddings before and even if you have this is a good reference anyway
    http://kinne.net/ob1.htm

12. Nublyans

Nublyans New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    This is my second kidding but Jenna's first time kidding ..so much to learn along the way..and yes always good to learn something new every day!
    Thank you for the site !!
    My first kidding was a nubian and she already started having them as I was walking over there the baby was coming out..So there was really no waiting on her, as the owner never told me she was pregnant , then I started to notice her udder filling up..I had no date to go on for her. so it was a big surprise to us all the day they arrived...lol..

How long is this stage of labour?can it go until tomorrow or would it more likely be in a couple of hours from now?
    I can hear Jenna pawing at the floor on the monitor..
    Thank you again for all your knowledge!!

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    How did things go through the night? Has she kidded yet?

14. Nublyans

Nublyans New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    No Nothing at all..still waiting ..she seems fine and eating away like theres not a care in the world ..I guess she's not ready yet..
    maybe todat or tonight ...mmmmm :GAAH:
    will keep you all posted

15. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    This is the time when you can start :hair: :hair: .... :ROFL: , Hope she kids soon!

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    yep :doh: still nothing..... :hair: Pull out your hair club is here...LOL :wink:

17. Nublyans

Nublyans New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Yup :hair: pulling time lol...Me too :)

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yeesh she is taking her time!! :GAAH: haha and it isnt even my goat

20. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Seems like all of mine are taking longer than usual to kid this year. Maybe its in the air or something. Good luck! Hope she doesn't make you wait much longer!