My kidding thread

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by goathappy, Feb 15, 2008.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Well since kidding is only 5 days away for me(yikes!) I figured I better start a kidding thread for the girls :D

Ok, so here are the dates, we have:
    Kadi due next Wednesday
    Caramel due next Thursday
    Molly due Friday
    Mary due the following Sunday

and my brother has:
    Dixie and Little Linda due on Friday
    and Maggie due the following Saturday(she's HUGE!!!!!)

Lets see, as far as the girls go, David's three are huge, I don't know about ligaments, they are very uncomfortable and their udders are huge.

My girls, Kadi isn't bagging up yet, and her ligs aren't softening much, same with Caramel too. Molly's udder is starting to fill and her ligs are softening, and she has already separated herself from her two daughters. Mary's ligs are soft, her udder is getting bigger and she is very uncomfortable. She looked like she had a big fight going on in her belly this morning :lol: She looks like a sumo wrestler.

I honestly don't feel ready for babies yet, LOL I don't think I ever will :p

2. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Your girls don't have udders yet? Good luck, hope you get some babies soon!

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Nope, Caramel usually gets her udder the day before, and Kadi has never kidded on this farm before so I have no idea what her routine is :)

4. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Yay Sarah! I can't wait till they start :). :cool:

5. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    That's exciting Sarah!!

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Well nothing new so far. Molly's udder seems to be getting a little bigger. When I came out to the barn this morning Kadi was sssssooooooooooooo happy, she was stargazing, and had this huge smile on her face. She might be slipping into la la land :lol: Her udder hasn't gotten any bigger, but her ligs feel softer.

7. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    aww I can't wait for the Munchies to go! I LOVE BABIES lol I've got a doe in la-la land. She just lies there staring at the roof - yesterday she stuck her head on the divider and just stared at Desi's babies - never moving just watching. :) (Reminded me of after I had my son - those IV's had me in a different place just gazing too) :)

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    ROFL!!!

9. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    We want pics...We want pics... :dance:

10. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Caramel is going to go soon!!

Caramel's udder has doubled, still not strutted, and her ligs are soft but still there. She's always in la la land, but she was pretty talkative this morning and didn't eat her food. I've never seen her kid, the first time she kidded she did it on her own without assistance.

I have a book analysis I have to get done today, she probably won't let me though :lol:

11. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Sounds like your going to have a good day. :dance:

12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Caramel kidded!!!

Sorry I couldn't get on yesterday, the internet didn't work.

Caramel kidded with triplet bucks!! :p :doh: LOL She had bucks her last kidding too. I'll get pics uploaded later, but every single one of them look EXACTLY like Caesar. So much for hoping for that color variation :lol: If you go to the herdsire page on my website, I have baby pics of Caesar, they look just like him.

Molly was acting off last night so we put her in the kidding pen, her royal highness just wanted to be in the kidding pen so she could be special :roll: I think she might go today though, she's a by the book kidder.

Still nothing new on Kadi or Mary.

And since I didn't get that book analysis done yesterday I'm pretty sure Molly won't let me get it done today either. :shades:

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well congratulations on the kids - to bad about the bucks, I am sure they are cute though :D

14. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Congratulations If they look like Caesar they are beautiful boys.

15. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Well Dixie kidded by herself with twin bucks, we were hoping she'd have a girl to keep her company though(her mom died when she was a kid) They are just red headed white bodied boer kids. Both Hustler's :wink:

And Molly kidded with quads. She had 3 boys(all look like Caesar) and she had a chocolate/mouse grey stillborn girl. I was so upset when the girl was born, she had been dead probably a day or two. She was my fav color and Caesar's first daughter :tears: This was my first stillborn kid that I've had. Well, RIP little angel :angel: :sigh:

I never want quads again(never did in the first place) although, I should say that since Maggie looks like she has five :shocked:

LC3(aka Little Caesar #3) of Caramel's had to be a house baby, she doesn't have enough milk for 3 kids, so he's a funny guy running around the house :p

Kadi and Hazel are the only other two does that I have bred to Caesar, so PLEASE pray they have girls :(

Kadi isn't doing anything new except driving me crazy digging craters in the barn, she's happy though :)

Mary isn't doing anything new either, although she looks pitiful.

I'll try and get pics tonight, if things work out, I probably will end up getting them to everybody at the end of the week.

Full moon is tomorrow night :p

16. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Well congrats on all the babies! Too bad there's so many boys but I'll be hoping you get some girls yet! So sorry about the little girl...

17. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Sorry I wasn't able to give an update yesterday, on Tuesday night Kadi kidded with one HUGE buckling :doh: He's a pretty guy though. Since it was a hard kidding, mom doesn't want to breed Kadi anymore, so I might keep this guy for a while.

Mary might go today, she didn't eat this morning, she's dropped, and her udder has gotten bigger. She's a morning kidder usually.

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh dear more bucks!

Thinking really hard for :girl:

19. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    LOL I just want girls from Caesar the most :D Hazel and Raven are the only ones left bred to Caesar.

Mary kidded with twin doelings!! Although, she never shorts out on does for me :wink: :thumb: They are Hustler's first daughters, they are SOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!!!!!!!!! Pics tommorrow, promise!

20. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    doelings!!! wahoo

You BETTER get pictures - even of those bucklings or... or...... hmmm not sure what I will do, :scratch: oh well, just get us those pictures :greengrin: