The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Echo. She is a 5 year old Kinder doe. She's freshened 4 times, weighs 115lbs, and is super sweet. I'd love some critiques and input on her. (also she's making her winter coat and sorry shes not standing great) I don't use her for milk or meat. But I breed her with my bucks because of her personality. She's mostly a pet because she's super sweet.

Attachments

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,302 Posts
Hey there fellow kinder! I have found it rather difficult to find help with kinder conformation. I've kind of had to pick up the lingo from other goat breeds and apply it to the breed standard listed on the kinder goat breeders association. They seem to be kind of in between dairy and meat conformation which makes it tough.

I am new to this myself, but I'm going to point out what I think I see. Photos from the front and rear would be nice. I personally am all about width in my does.

I love the depth of body she has. Looks like she really dips in the chine which is a negative. Rump could be more level too, but that seems to be a hard trait to come by in kinders. I'd like to see her back legs positioned less underneath her, but that could just be the way she's standing.

If you are looking for more knowledgeable people to help with her critique there is a Facebook group for kinder owners. Kinder Folks I believe it is called. They could probably help you better than I can. I'm not part of it because I want nothing to do with Facebook, but that doesn't mean you couldn't get useful information out of them.

It's just so nice to see another kinder on the forum. I have had nothing to compare my girls with. So, thank you for posting pictures!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey there fellow kinder! I have found it rather difficult to find help with kinder conformation. I've kind of had to pick up the lingo from other goat breeds and apply it to the breed standard listed on the kinder goat breeders association. They seem to be kind of in between dairy and meat conformation which makes it tough.

I am new to this myself, but I'm going to point out what I think I see. Photos from the front and rear would be nice. I personally am all about width in my does.

I love the depth of body she has. Looks like she really dips in the chine which is a negative. Rump could be more level too, but that seems to be a hard trait to come by in kinders. I'd like to see her back legs positioned less underneath her, but that could just be the way she's standing.

If you are looking for more knowledgeable people to help with her critique there is a Facebook group for kinder owners. Kinder Folks I believe it is called. They could probably help you better than I can. I'm not part of it because I want nothing to do with Facebook, but that doesn't mean you couldn't get useful information out of them.

It's just so nice to see another kinder on the forum. I have had nothing to compare my girls with. So, thank you for posting pictures!
You're welcome! I haven't seen many kinders on here so it was nice to get critiques :) her legs look a lot better but she was standing really weird in this picture lol!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts