My Kinder Doe

Discussion in 'Goat Conformation' started by Adam Spires, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Adam Spires

Adam Spires Member

Oct 26, 2020
    Ohio
    This is Echo. She is a 5 year old Kinder doe. She's freshened 4 times, weighs 115lbs, and is super sweet. I'd love some critiques and input on her. (also she's making her winter coat and sorry shes not standing great) I don't use her for milk or meat. But I breed her with my bucks because of her personality. She's mostly a pet because she's super sweet.

Attached Files:

MadHouse likes this.
  2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Pretty girl!

MadHouse likes this.

3. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Hey there fellow kinder! I have found it rather difficult to find help with kinder conformation. I've kind of had to pick up the lingo from other goat breeds and apply it to the breed standard listed on the kinder goat breeders association. They seem to be kind of in between dairy and meat conformation which makes it tough.

I am new to this myself, but I'm going to point out what I think I see. Photos from the front and rear would be nice. I personally am all about width in my does.

I love the depth of body she has. Looks like she really dips in the chine which is a negative. Rump could be more level too, but that seems to be a hard trait to come by in kinders. I'd like to see her back legs positioned less underneath her, but that could just be the way she's standing.

If you are looking for more knowledgeable people to help with her critique there is a Facebook group for kinder owners. Kinder Folks I believe it is called. They could probably help you better than I can. I'm not part of it because I want nothing to do with Facebook, but that doesn't mean you couldn't get useful information out of them.

It's just so nice to see another kinder on the forum. I have had nothing to compare my girls with. So, thank you for posting pictures!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  4. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

5. Adam Spires

Adam Spires Member

Oct 26, 2020
    Ohio
    You’re welcome! I haven’t seen many kinders on here so it was nice to get critiques :) her legs look a lot better but she was standing really weird in this picture lol!

6. Adam Spires

Adam Spires Member

Oct 26, 2020
    Ohio
    Thank You!!

7. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    She is really dipping in the chine and needs copper and selenium. Cute girl!!

MadHouse likes this.
  8. Adam Spires

Adam Spires Member

Oct 26, 2020
    Ohio
    ummm she got her copper a week ago and selenium i'll do in november. also it might be how she is standing. but thanks!

MadHouse likes this.
  9. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Good! It takes a while to kick in!! ;)

MadHouse likes this.
  10. Adam Spires

Adam Spires Member

Oct 26, 2020
    Ohio
    yeah it does!:) anyway thank you for your critique of her!

MadHouse likes this.