My little maricle babies

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by loveallgoats, Mar 17, 2010.

1. loveallgoats

loveallgoats New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Arizona
    I wanted to wait at least a week to post about the miricle of my new nubian babies just to make sure they were ok. Last Wednesday the 10th I brought home a registered nubian doe(2yr old 1st freshner) who was not supose to be due until April. Well when I got home on Thursday afternoon, I saw her standing over a little baby. I walked over to see him, he looked fine. Head up and mostly cleaned off. Behind my doe was a lifeless little white baby. I thought for sure it was dead. I asked my husband to go in and get it so that we could bury it. When he went to pick it up he found that it was a doe and was barely breathing. So we took her inside. Dried her off. Her head was completely limp. She started to go stiff. Then we remembered reading on here to put them under warm water. Even though we were sure she was a gonner we did it. Wouldnt you know she started to breath better. Took her out and blow dried her. She came back to life. Within an hour she finally was able to lift her head for short periods of time. It was late by this time and cold outside so we got her brother and kept both inside for the night. We milked mom and bottle feed little boy and got a small amount in the little girl. By the time we went to bed, she was able to stand, not walk but stand. A huge improvement! Woke up at 3am to them both crying to eat. By the morning, she was walking! So it was a nice sunny day and we put them out with mom. Had to hold mom for the first few feedings and really help the little girl but, by the next day all 3 were doing wonderful. Here it is almost a week later and everyone is great so I figure it is ok to celebrate and introduce them to you guys. The little boy is Butterscotch and the little girl is Heavenly Maricle.

Butterscotch shortly after being born
    [​IMG]

Heaven when she could finally lift her head
    [​IMG]

and taking their nap today
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Awww! Soooo pretty! Glad they're doing well!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    A big congrats ....they are adorable.... glad they are OK... :hug: :wink: :greengrin:

4. loveallgoats

loveallgoats New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Arizona
    Thank you! That was the most difficult birth I have had to experience so far and I was so scared we were going to lose Heaven. They are so sweet and both come running to me when they hear me. I am for sure keeping Heaven and am toying with the idea of keeping Butterscotch.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW what a gift from god you have there. They are adorable, and the ones of them outside are just precious.

:wahoo: :wahoo: Way to go to save those wee ones.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats!!! I am so glad that the babies are doing alright!!!

7. CottonwoodCroft

CottonwoodCroft Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Inyokern, CA
    Congrats!!! They are both adorable.

8. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Wow you really are a goat saver great job and enjoy those little babies

9. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Great job saving Heaven!!!!
    CONGRATS their buautiful!!

10. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    Congrats, what gorgeous little babies and what a wonderful miracle gift!

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congrats on your little miracles....you did a wonderful job with thinking fast and saving Heaven :hug: Adorable little ones :love:

12. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    soooo cute- I love the white girl!

13. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    Good save, and so pretty with those nice, long ears.

14. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Oh, that is wonderful that you were able to save Heaven. They are both just beautiful! Congratulations! :stars:

15. echocreekranch

echocreekranch New Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Oh if those aren't the cutest things...