My miniature horse

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by alyssa_romine, Apr 24, 2008.

1. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Okay, I have only told a few people about him but here he is!!!

These are older pictures of him but you can still see what he looks like.

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Alyssa he's soooo cute!! I want one!! How do they "get along" with the goaties?

3. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    My mini is separate from my goats but he was pastured next to goats his whole life.

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Handsome little guy. Is he trained to pull a cart? Mine is and she could go for hours. Just wondering if all of them are like that.

My mini gets along with goats fine, but since she is so much bigger than the ND's I get worried she will hurt them by accident. I had two Nubian's at one point and they got along fine with her.

5. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    He isnt trained to pull a cart. He was just a pasture horse...I am in the process of training him now. I will be training him in jumping and other things....maybe halter. I would like for him to pull a cart eventually though. My neice and nephew would love that! :cool:

6. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    fyi, I had a Nigerian doeling (about 4 mos. old), get into the pasture with my colt...I saw her in there and turned to finish and put the hose down to go get her out...looked up again...she was dead. I'm sure it wasn't malicious...but I don't know exactly how it happened. So, be careful.

7. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    My goodness- there's almost more tail than horse there- what a cutie.
    I tried training a shetland pony for a little girl once but it was hard to teach the pony to canter when there was no one to ride her even when she was on the lunge line or ground driving. She only had two speeds- stop and going so fast her legs were a blur. Got her to walk and trot safely- she had a great stop (too good a stop) and was good on turning but I never did get a safe canter on her.

8. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    he does have a really long tail. His mane was long too but it looked really bleached so i clipped it a little.

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    He's a handsome fella!!

10. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  11. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007