My miracle baby

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Fainters, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Fainters

Fainters New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Western KY
    Here is a picture I took yesterday of the fainting doe that I worked with for over a week to save her life. The vet told me that she only had a 25% chance of making it but she is now 2 weeks old and is staying with mom full-time. This is her sunning herself yesterday. Thank you for everyone's advice on what to give her. You guys are FANTASTIC! Now I need help with picking out a name. I held off because I wasn't sure she was going to live.

http://www.freewebs.com/scapegoatranch/

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am so happy that she is doing so well - it is wonderful when they make it!

Good luck with a name - I had a pup once named Supressa - which means suprise in spanish..... maybe something in a different language that means miracle??!!!??

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    That's great! :leap: She's adorable!! Good job on your part!

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That is wonderful news. :leap: Congratulations all everything you did to save her. Now I say you already said her name MIRACLE.
    I have a 4H er that named her baby that because ti was really a miracle that I was able to save her. She was about76 degrees when I go to her and I tell you it was everything I have not to just let her go but we got her up to 100 degrees and out wit her mom and nursing in 2-1/2 hours. So Taylor named her Miracle

5. rgbdab

rgbdab New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    TEXAS
    I have a friend that found a 2 week old abandoned kitten covered in fire ants. She managed to save him and named him Milagro (sp) spanish for miracle.

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    She is just a doll, I love her color :stars: Its great to hear she's doing good :)

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    She is absoulutly precious! :stars:

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I am so glad to hear she is doing well! That is an excellent momma goat you have there! I can't believe she took her back. I think her name should be Miracle. :dance:

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    She looks dainty and feminine. i thought of Shasta (like Shasta Daisy)

10. Fainters

Fainters New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Western KY
    Yes, her mom is great for a first timer. I took the baby out to her each day and let her lick her while I milked until she got strong enough to nurse on her own and then I took her out every 3 hours to nurse except for when I had to take her to work with me during the day. At least she always knew that was her baby and now she stays in the barn all day and night and she is up to 3 1/2 lbs. She only weighed 3/4 of a lb. at birth so she has come a long way in 2 weeks.

http://www.freewebs.com/scapegoatranch/

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I just can't get over how cute she is, I keep checking out her picture. I showed it to my friend here at work too