The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet Berlin, my new 10 week old Nigerian dwarf doeling, she was half bottle fed so she is very tame. She was from a litter of 4 and her mom was from a litter of 5, so her chances of having multiples when she’s older are high. She is very sweet and we love her already.

I have her in a pen I made with chicken wire right beside my goat pen with my other 3 goats in, I know if I let her in with my other goats they’ll beat her up, but she keeps crying to be in with them. She can see them at all times, do you have any suggestions or will she quite down after awhile?
Also how long should I keep her separated from my other goats before I let her in with the herd?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Oh my! So pretty! I don't know about the weight question, but I have an idea. Correct me if this isn't good.
Do you have a low totem-pole goat she can bond with? Maybe put just a mellow doe in with her for a week or so to bond, so she'll have a friend when you add them back into the herd.

Or just let her in and keep an eye on things for a while. Make sure there are multiple hay sources so no ones fighting for a spot.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Goat Forum mobile app

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can try putting her in with your other goats while you are there. You can give her places to hide away from the other goats. You can try putting the lowest goat of the herd order with her.
I did let her with them under my supervision it went kinda of better than I thought, but I don’t think I can leave her with them unattended, we are going to church this morning so she’ll have to be in a pen by herself for a few hours, but I’m going to let her with them every chance I can when I can supervise that way they can get use to her sooner than later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts