My new additions coming next week

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by dixiegirl3179, Feb 28, 2014.

1. dixiegirl3179

dixiegirl3179 Done lost her mind...

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    Hey all!

I just wanted to share the new additions I have flying in next week on Thursday. I'm a wreck waiting lol. I've never ordered goats before.

Anyway...here's the little buckling
    Desertnanny BR Blueberrybuckle X Desertnanny BR Magdalene
    [​IMG]

And the doeling
    Desertnanny UMA Astro Boy X Desertnanny BR Fairy Floss
    [​IMG]

I'm so excited! :) The buckling will be named Desertnanny BBB Mercury Blues...I think he gets a *S and the doeling will be Desertnanny AB Rope the Moon. Just wanted to share! :)

2. OakHollowRanch

OakHollowRanch New Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Northern California
    Congrats! They are adorable! :) I love your website too.

3. janeen128

janeen128 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA
  4. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

5. dixiegirl3179

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    Thanks!

Questions...since I've never shipped goats before. I haven't done the math for exactly how long they'll be in the air (because of time changes along the way) or in the crate, but they're leaving AZ at just before 9 (and have to be at the airport I think 2 hours before that) and arriving in Orlando at just after 6. I have a 3 hour drive home from Orlando after that. I should definitely stop someplace and let them out to stretch their legs, right? They're bottle babies too so I should probably feed them. I wish they could have flown into a closer airport, but United just couldn't do it. Anything else I should know about shipped babies? Is there a supplement or something I should give them when I get them home to help with the stress?

Just wanted to edit to note that I have not asked the breeder these questions. I know she would be more than happy to answer them and will probably offer the information closer to shipping day.

6. janeen128

janeen128 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA
    I would give them some nutridrench when you let them out to stretch, and yes definitely feed them. They will be stressed, so I would worm them to a day after you get them home. I would also do a cocci prevention too. They are SO cute;-)

7. goathiker

goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

I would ask the breeder to give them a B-complex shot before she takes them to the airport. It will help them out with the stress and the fasting.

8. chigarden

chigarden New Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Congrats ! NICE kids !

9. dixiegirl3179

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    Thanks guys! I'm so excited! Tomorrow's the day! :) Their plane won't land until 6, so I'm going down in the morning and playing at Disney to distract myself.

10. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

11. MoKa-Farms

MoKa-Farms 4-H Secretary for Life ^.^

Jun 19, 2013
    Lisbon, Maine
  12. NubianFan

NubianFan New Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Arkansas
    I could just eat that little buckling with a spoon... he is just too adorable for words....

13. dixiegirl3179

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    Thanks! He'll be much cuter once he wants something to do with me. As of now, even the bottle won't get him to come near me. If I hold the bottle with my arm outstretched, sometimes he'll take it, but he usually just sniffs it. This should be fun lol.

14. Scottyhorse

Scottyhorse New Member

Aw, I'm sure he is very scared!!

15. sassy

sassy New Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Oh they are adorable!

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum

16. dixiegirl3179

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    He's coming around now. He still isn't thrilled with being petted or coming to me if I don't have a bottle, but when I do have a bottle he climbs all over me for it. Baby steps lol.