my new buck is home finally!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goattee22, Jul 20, 2010.

1. goattee22

goattee22 New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Dayton, TX
    I finally got my new buck...his name is Pride of Texas John and im excited my own herd of nigerians is finally coming together! and you know what i think is funny...my husbands name is John. he didnt find it to funny though when he learned that is what my goats name was too. :p

But anyways, i was going to get some good pictures but it will NOT stop raining and its such a muddy mess here, AND John needs a good shavin'. but i have some off my camera phone..not the best but yall can see what he looks like!

And one more thing..i have a registration question. this is my first time with all this stuff so forgive me. But John is registered with AGS and ADGA. I have both papers and a bill of sale to transfer. now on his AGS papers the owner name matches the bill of sale name. but on his ADGA papers the owner name is different from the bill of sale slip. does this mean she never transfered johns ADGA papers to her name? and if so what am i supposed to do to get him into my name?

[​IMG]

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    He is a handsome guy ....congrats.... :thumb: :love:

3. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE
    He is very handsome! I love his beard!! My favorite when the bucks have nice looking beards!

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Very nice boy!! Congrats!

I just had my 3 ND registered with ADGA not long ago...My name is listed as "owned by" directly under the breeders name.
    If the "owned by" name is what you are referring to as not matching with the name on the bill of sale, it means that the person you bought him from did not have his ADGA transferred to their name, you may get answers by emailing the registrar at ADGA as far as what you would need to do.

5. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

When I raised boers, if the name wasn't the same, I just sent them in anyway and when I got them back they were now owned by me. I think as long as you own the goat, and have the papers, then there shouldn't be anything wrong.

Congrats on him! He is very pretty! Flashy.

6. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    Oh, I love his tri-color! :love: Very handsome buck and he should make some beautiful babies.

7. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Here is the pictures I got of him before you picked him up :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(I picked him up from the seller, along with my new herdsire, who is actually the son of John, and goattee22 picked him up from my place!)

He is indeed a stunning buck, polled to boot! Pride of Texas goats are really nice.

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    He is very handsome! Congrats!

You should ask the previous owner if she has a bill of sale or anything from the owner before her for the ADGA papers. From my experience ADGA will not allow you to be transferred over without the proper transfers. You can also use an AGS transfer slip and see if you can mail it to the previous owner for them to sign. You will then have to pay two transfer fees. If it's the breeders of your buck then i'm sure they'd be happy to do that.

9. goattee22

goattee22 New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Dayton, TX
    Thanks for the compliments!! I guess ill just call adga and see what they have to say about it. Thanks for the help!

And epona....thanks for those pics! I can't get any until it dries up a little. And thanks again for picking him up for me...I really appreciate it. Hows your new boy settling in? What did you name him?

Ok when it dries up and I shave him I'm going to post better pics!

10. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Hey, it's no problem! We got people got to stick together.

I named him TooMiniGoats J Texas Blizzard, what do you think? He's doing really well, but ticked off that Roadhouse gets to go on walks with the girls and he doesn't. I keep telling to be patient and his time will come, but he doesn't seem to want to wait

;)

11. goattee22

goattee22 New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Dayton, TX
    Haha I think that name fits him perfectly!