The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i broke down and got this guy, I wasn't going to I saw his dam at the 07 Oregon state fair, beautiful doe out of excellent lines. Sadly she was sick the day of show and didn;t fill her bag nearly to capacity. And placed last in the very large milking yearling class. But even so you could see what a beauiful doe she can be. The breeder let me milk her as well. She was a dream to milk, ideal teat size and placement.
I really didn't need another buck but i just couldn't pass this guy up, even in the photo where he s in full rut and fuzzy you can see what a pretty boy he is.

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc13 ... buck-1.jpg

His sire is the legendary Milar Farms Royal Image, sire of the first place sr. get at the 07 nationals. Now we just need a name for him, I want to keep Royal in there so the first part of his name would be Abita Springs Royal __________ or maybe Abita Springs Image ____________? Does anyone have any ideas?
thanks for letting me brag
beth

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like Rogue, that sounds very masculan. I also was thinking about Abita Springs IM On Fire, the Im could be interpreted two different ways, IM for Image as a lot of people make reference to the sire when they name goats, me included. and im on fire sounds like a neat name. It kinda of goes along with his color. He is a fiery red.

beth

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think thats what i am going to go with, i really like the name. Sounds neat when you say it. And very buck apropriate.
thanks for all the suggestions guys! I willg et more pictures of him when he gets here.

beth

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks guys! i think im going to be quite pleased with him. He has an excellent pedigree and he isn;lt too shabby looking himself.
I had one of my last does come into heat today, and i left her in the doe pen in hopes that she will come into heat one more time this year and she will e bred to fire. Otherwise he probably won;t get used mush until next year.
beth

1 - 15 of 15 Posts