My new Buck!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by sparks879, Dec 24, 2007.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

So i broke down and got this guy, I wasn't going to I saw his dam at the 07 Oregon state fair, beautiful doe out of excellent lines. Sadly she was sick the day of show and didn;t fill her bag nearly to capacity. And placed last in the very large milking yearling class. But even so you could see what a beauiful doe she can be. The breeder let me milk her as well. She was a dream to milk, ideal teat size and placement.
    I really didn't need another buck but i just couldn't pass this guy up, even in the photo where he s in full rut and fuzzy you can see what a pretty boy he is.

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc13 ... buck-1.jpg

His sire is the legendary Milar Farms Royal Image, sire of the first place sr. get at the 07 nationals. Now we just need a name for him, I want to keep Royal in there so the first part of his name would be Abita Springs Royal __________ or maybe Abita Springs Image ____________? Does anyone have any ideas?
    thanks for letting me brag
    beth

2. luvmygoats

luvmygoats New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Western New York
    He is beautiful!! congrats!!

3. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    He's a handsome buck.

4. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    What is his moms name?

5. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    He is a handsome fellow! :D

Here is a name I thought of: Abita Springs Royal Prince. :)

6. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

his dads call name is prince, his moms name is whistle.
    beth

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    He's handsome!! Rogue popped into my head as a name, don't know why. :)

8. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I like Rogue, that sounds very masculan. I also was thinking about Abita Springs IM On Fire, the Im could be interpreted two different ways, IM for Image as a lot of people make reference to the sire when they name goats, me included. and im on fire sounds like a neat name. It kinda of goes along with his color. He is a fiery red.

beth

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    That's a cool name :) I like to have initials for my bucks in the kids pedigrees too :)

10. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    He is beautiful. Congrats. :D

11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I think thats what i am going to go with, i really like the name. Sounds neat when you say it. And very buck apropriate.
    thanks for all the suggestions guys! I willg et more pictures of him when he gets here.

beth

12. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  13. GregH

GregH New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Glade Hill, VA
    Very nice looking buck!!

14. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    He is so handsome ! I love him !

15. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

thanks guys! i think im going to be quite pleased with him. He has an excellent pedigree and he isn;lt too shabby looking himself.
    I had one of my last does come into heat today, and i left her in the doe pen in hopes that she will come into heat one more time this year and she will e bred to fire. Otherwise he probably won;t get used mush until next year.
    beth