The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this doe named 'Blossom' from a dear old lady friend who needed to downsize her herd. She's almost 80 yrs old and still has a little hobby farm and loves her animals but it's getting really difficult for her to look after them. Her sons have been doing any heavy work for her. She bought this doe from a mixed breed herd as a doeling 2 years ago. She's the same size as my boer does and I plan to breed her to my dappled boer buck. Can you help me figure out what breeds she is?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I'd guess she is a Boer/Nubian cross.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the ideas! I agree she looks to be part boer & just thought it would be interesting to hear what else you think she has in her. She's inquisitive but still too shy to let me pet her yet.

·
Registered
30,112 Posts
Def. Boer cross...im thinking either with alpine or nubian

·
14,732 Posts
She is gorgeous!!! Congrats! I love her color, and that proud look she carries! :)

I agree, she definitely is a Boer cross. Not sure with what she could be crossed with, but whatever it is, it s a nice cross! :)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! Yes, she does have a very proud, confident look! I'm curious how things will go when I introduce her to the rest of the doe herd. She'll be the only one with horns so I'm hoping she doesn't use them to hurt anyone. She's with my dapple buck and he seems to still be dominant, but she's definitely dominant over the 2 young rams who are also in their pen. She's not mean to them but they're a little scared of her. They'll be joining the ewe flock the same time I put the buck & this doe, Blossom, with the goat herd. Can't wait!

·
RussellP
536 Posts
If you look past the colors, I see alpine doe horns and swayed back. Maybe a myotonic x boer sire and a white alpine dam.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts