The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I got these girls Saturday July 13th. Trip home went fine until I got home. I only had to drive 10-15 min. So I open the back of the cap grab 1 and then open the tailgate. I had my 11 year old with me. She helps out alot. So I am think she will close it up so the others don't jump out. I go and put the first one in the pen. I turn around and the other 2 and little one got lose. Then the one in the pen went through the electric fence. They took off running. Found them down at the neighbors. After some chasing. Not even food would bring them to me. I got one. Took her back to the barn. Blocked her. Back to go get the others. They never seen corn growing. So that help me out some. They atlest did not go in it. Got them back up nere my barn then they ran up the drive to the road. Then down the road to the neighbors again. The neighbors came out and tryed to help get them too. Final got another. The other started to fallow me back with the one I got. But then took off again. So I did a stupid thing a dove to grab a back leg. Needles to say I missed. I hit hard on the ground messed up my one hip little. The little you know what:eek:mg: took off down the road agin to the neighbors. She went over to the other neighbors house, and was hiding in their bushes. I final got then. It took me about 2 hours to get them all. And of course it was hot out. I thought they was trained to electric fence but they are not. So I have to train them some how. So they can be out in the grass eating it and enjoying it.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
So I got these girls Saturday July 13th. Trip home went fine until I got home. I only had to drive 10-15 min. So I open the back of the cap grab 1 and then open the tailgate. I had my 11 year old with me. She helps out alot. So I am think she will close it up so the others don't jump out. I go and put the first one in the pen. I turn around and the other 2 and little one got lose. Then the one in the pen went through the electric fence. They took off running. Found them down at the neighbors. After some chasing. Not even food would bring them to me. I got one. Took her back to the barn. Blocked her. Back to go get the others. They never seen corn growing. So that help me out some. They atlest did not go in it. Got them back up nere my barn then they ran up the drive to the road. Then down the road to the neighbors again. The neighbors came out and tryed to help get them too. Final got another. The other started to fallow me back with the one I got. But then took off again. So I did a stupid thing a dove to grab a back leg. Needles to say I missed. I hit hard on the ground messed up my one hip little. The little you know what:eek:mg: took off down the road agin to the neighbors. She went over to the other neighbors house, and was hiding in their bushes. I final got then. It took me about 2 hours to get them all. And of course it was hot out. I thought they was trained to electric fence but they are not. So I have to train them some how. So they can be out in the grass eating it and enjoying it.
They look like they are worth all of the trouble. Sorry you hurt your hip.
No videos of you chasing goats?:)

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
What a story! I think most people in here have done something similar once or twice ... Good that your neighbours seem to be good! :)

Very nice pictures, easy to see all three! :) I think you have some job to do; especially Pepper and Tan seem to need a good fattening up. And why does it seem to me that they do not like the hay? I hope I am wrong! But just to make sure, do have a sniff on it yourself! :) (Unless you are allergic!)

So, Welcome Out Of The Maize Field, you Gang of Four! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts