my new goat

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by countrylover, Oct 1, 2010.

1. countrylover

countrylover New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    i bought a lamache in july.she had her first kid in march prior to me getting her i saw her daughter very healthy lookin little doe.when i got her home i didnt milk her that day waited until the next.and noticed she has no udder at all but is giving a few ounces of milk each day.i found out she has never been milked and was being fed hog meal and alowed to graze on what ever she wanted.im feeding her dairy pellets and sweet grain and alalfa.if she has another kid and freshens the second time is there a chance she will get a udder and give more milk.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome to TGS :wave:

Because she kidded in March and was never milked I am sure she was weaning her kid by July and drying up. And the added fact that she wasnt feed a good dairy ration for milk production was not help either.

But to answer your question yes she should have a much higher yield of milk if you milk her almost from the start twice a day :)

3. countrylover

countrylover New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    thanks this is my first goat that has never been milkred or fed yhe way a dairy goat needs to. :whatgoat: