My new goats are here!!!!

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kelebek, May 9, 2010.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ok - these are by NO MEANS the best pics - but everyone is settling in and getting acclimated - so i wasn't worrying about "posing" so please bear with me.

We had an exciting 24 hour, starting on Friday afternoon. Last June, I sold a Yearling FF bred doe, as pregnant. When she delivered I KICKED myself in the hiney for selling her. Her name is Selle Valley Dobie and she was bred to my Abba. Dobie is also a doe out of my Fancy - who I [wub]

Anyway, the family that I sold her to, along with another goat, had to get rid of them, and asked if I would like her back WITH her doeling out of Abba from last year AND Dobie is bred back to Abba for June babies from Abba for this year!!!!

So, incase you do not remember Dobie - here she is

Selle Valley HNK Dobie – waddles - doe

S: Mountain Quest HugsNKisses
    D: Gimlin half Acre Fancy

[​IMG]

SLR Minis A Rivera – waddles - doe
    S: CornerStone Farms Abba *S
    D: Selle Valley HNK Dobie

[​IMG]

Then we have

Megan’s Minis Hazel – moonspotted doe
    S: Old Mountain Quest Zagnut Haze
    D: Mountain Quest Mega’s Delight

[​IMG]

Laurel Haven Morning Sunrise – doeling -
    S: Buttin’ Heads Kiwi Surprise
    D: Gypsy Moon Mystique Morning

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Laurel Haven Cherimoya - doeling
    S: Buttin’ Heads Kiwi Surprise
    D: Kush Hara Cheyanne

[​IMG]

Laurel Have SH Napi*S – buckling - moonspot
    S: Caesar’s Villa STS Sharpie *S
    D: Hill’s Country PR Warpaint 8*D

[​IMG]

Then – to top it all off – I was chit chatting with Addie, from Proctor Hill Farm in MA, on Friday morning (like 48 hours ago) and I was talking about what she had planned for next year and what not. She started showing me some of the kids that were born this year and which ones had what I was looking for to look at some breedings for next year. Well, she said – why don’t you take this boy … cause if you don’t I am going to end up keeping him myself as a buckling – but with what you have coming in …
    I told her that I was having 3 flown in on Saturday morning to seattle and I just couldn’t make another trip to Seattle so soon ….. she said – what if I can get them on the same flight …WHAT ….. so we looked and sure enough, we COULD get them on the SAME EXACT flight into Seattle as my Laurel Haven kids … so I said, well if you can get the health cert in time – lets do it (thinking there was NO WAY she could get it all arranged and the kid on the flight in less than 24 hours…. NO WAY). 3 hours later – she caught me on messenger ….. ok – health cert is DONE, flight is BOOKED, you can use my kennel – just send back – OHHH and I am putting this doeling in the kennel ALSO ….. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So introducing my other two new additions to the farm that I picked up yesterday in seattle!!!!

Proctor Hill Farm San Juan – buckling
    S: Avian Acres LKR Don Juan
    D: Sugar Creek 5C Boxwood

[​IMG]

Proctor Hill Farm BO Atargatis – doeling
    S: NC PromisedLand RB Bolero *S
    D: TLB’s Calamity Ariel

[​IMG]

You should have seen the airport. In Seattle, you pick up cargo right next to the carousel where everyone gets their luggage ---- she they bring the first load of kennels – which was mostly dogs and then Moya and Sunrise… everyone was like –SOMEONE SHIPPED A GOAT … and were looking and pointing…. I was like yah – actually that is only one kennel – I have THREE!!!! LOL! Then they were like Look at the Pygymy’s – ahhh NO pygmy are MEAT goats – these are dairy …. So of course that started a huge conversation in the airport as to WHY someone would possibly ship in goats when you can buy them down the road – hahahahaha . And the poor girl that worked in cargo had so many questions that she did NOT SHUT UP for 30 minutes while we were waiting for them to get to the cargo area – it was hilarious!!!

Anyway – so here is to a new herd, a new start, and lots of gorgeous babies next year!!!!

I will have full pedigrees on the website shortly!

Thank you again to everyone who allowed me to bring these new additions home, and the old additions back!

2. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Woohoo!!! Love them all :) Congrats on getting everyone settled and photographed :)

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    well, the pics are crappy - but I am hoping to get some good ones next week. I am so stoked with the lines that i will be working with!!!! And the MILK Genetics are to DIE for!

4. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

WOW, Alison!!!! :hi5: You have got a great goatie future right now!!!!
    I LOVE DOBIE!!!! :drool: Your in goatie heaven. :love:
    CONGRATS!!!! :stars:

5. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia
    Wow! Very nice.

Congratulations!!!! :clap:

-Tina

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    thank you everyone - I am so stinking pleased with my "new herd" - ok the new additions - but their are more new then ones staying - LOL!

It took alot of time - but I am so happy. And Addie from Proctor Hill really is a WONDERFUL person to work with!!! She has some nice breeding stock!

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    WOW.... I knew you were waiting for the kids from Tina, but the ones from PHF are a real surprise! And your herd sure has some wonderful new bloodlines for next year... :stars: And Dobie coming back to you is a major PLUS :clap:

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Yah - I am TOTALLY stoked about the new lines - LOTS of CV and Sugar Creek!!!! And Promisedland! Woo HoO! Not sure if you all heard but Sharpie (my napi's sire) now resides at NCPromised Land - well he went to his first ever show a couple weekends ago as a 6 year old and took a Grand and a reserve!!! I was stoked. They think he should be able to finish this year - and it being his first year of showing - I am totally stoked!

Napi has his *S and is dam is an 8*D!!! And hopefully boxwood will get her star this year!! The extended pedigree on all these kids is to die for!!! Moya is SOOO exceptionally feminine and same with the doeling from Addie.

9. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    If Napi goes missing, he's not in my yard... just sayin' :)

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very nice........ :thumb: :love:

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Uh huh - Natalie - remember - you are moving close to me .... and you may want something next year .... LOL!

12. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Damnit... I guess that means I have to just visit my future goat-baby-daddy... Not treat him like a souvenir and bring him home.

You're really no fun, you know? ;)

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    you can come visit ANY time!

14. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    I sense some fine-type of "You may not leave the premises with ANY animals!"

... I sadly agree to your terms.

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    oh you can leave with animals - after they are born and paid for - BBBAAAAHHHHAAAAAHHHHAAAAAHHHHHAAAAA

16. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
  17. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    hahahahahahahaha - you know there are always room for talks of trade on kids next year - hahahahaha

18. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    I'm bringing the twin creeks, flying goat, and a few others, and you're bringing everything else haha! There will be a great many trades ;)

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Woo Hoo - bring it on sista

20. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    They are WONDERFUL!! Congrats on all the new additions!