My new goats in a box!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by heathersboers, Jan 23, 2010.

1. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    Here are my new additions! Bottle babies all wethered and disbudded-3 nubians and 1 alpine- Arent they HUGE?? I am used to lil boers-Hubby brought these home and I cant believe they are less than a week old!!

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Wow...only a week old? They're huge!! I like the little longears but the white face on that alpine kid is very eyecatching! Adorable!

3. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Aww. How'd you get them?

4. Very cute, I love the pic. Thanks for sharing.

5. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    I buy them from the goat dairies for $15 each :wink: -I am on maternity leave- i have to do something with my time...they sell great as pets!

6. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    That's cool. LOL I'm having "goat withdrawls" LOL.

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    $15 each?! thats crazy.

theyre so adorable!!

8. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I think I am glad we don't have any goat dairies close. I would have way too many bottle babies.

9. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    They are addictive!! It does cost a lot to raise them up, but I enjoy them so much!!

10. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I am glad you are FAR away from me! lol I would be buying them ALL! :)

11. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    With 4 bottle babies you must be feeding around the clock. Are you practicing up on lack of sleep for when the human baby arrives? :wink:

Congrats on the 4 new additions! They are precious and, yes, BIG!

Deb Mc

12. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Oh gosh, I'm glad I don't live there. I'd be buying them by the bucket load too :D Adorable :love:

13. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I know... The dairy near me has Nubian and Alpine babies in the spring for cheap. I just found out they met an untimely end last year since they didn't get sold. :( I want to scoop up all those baby alpines, but I think my husband would kill me. And, they would all be unregistered, which, is not exactly the route I want to go... *sigh*

14. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Man are they humongus or what!?
    You've given me agreat add idean "Bucket of Goats'
    Yep, get a whole bucket-full of goats at a great low price!

15. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    These have registered parents, but thats why she wethers them all-The other dairy I am talking to will let you get bucklings-$1.50 a pound at a week old.but still no papers- I may keep one of them and get me some alpines for milking...

I have 7 bottle babies at this time-3 are boers-10 more alpines and nubians coming the end of the week- It takes me about 4 hours a day to feed them all-I have a schedule that they are all on-The worst part is "individually" feeding them. I was going to try the bucket with all the nipples, but the dairy lady told me that some will drink it all-and leave others barely getting any...I mix goat milk with replacer half and half.

I still have to care for my boers-I have over 40 of them-Thankfully- I only have 3 more due this month into next month!!!

16. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

Oh jeez! I love the Alpine, - but I need to build up my Boer herd before we get anything else. Good luck selling them :)

17. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    First off...they are adorable! I love Nubie babies. :greengrin: Second, bucket feeding is so much easier! We used to bottle feed, but when you have 8 or more kids to feed...it's just too time consuming. All you have to do is watch who's belly is getting full and then pull them off so the slower ones still get theirs. ;)

18. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    They are adorable. That picture is great.

So are you going to use them for weed control?

19. KGW Farms

KGW Farms New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Scales mound, IL
    OMG....you are very busy! They are just adorable!