The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After much deliberation I finally took the plunge and brought home two Golden Guernsey does to join my Alpines. They are 3 months old, 88% GG and 12% Toggenburg. They are very sweet and VERY riddled with lungworms. I gave them both ivermectin yesterday, so hopefully they will bounce back quickly.

Here are Dashi and Danushka (white face):

·
1,524 Posts
Where are they registered from? Is it in England? How does the breed up program work with them, like with ADGA?

They are awful cute.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are registered through the British Goat Society. I happen to have a great link at my fingertips right now about the breed up program right HERE. These girls are HB1. The ADGA does not register them at this time, but more and more people are getting their goats on DHIR. They are very sweet, but my challenge now is to find a fullblood buck to breed them to next year as well as getting more proficient in A.I. Wish me luck!

·
1,524 Posts
I've wanted a herd of them ever since I first saw them many, many years ago. I would love to have both the cattle and the goats!

Good luck with them!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, and AmyBoogie and lottsagoats, where all in Maine do you guys live? I was just out there taking my little sister to college at Colby in Waterville. Maine is so pretty!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts