The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Boer Goats
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought that I would ever fall in love with goats, we were planning on getting a few to clear up the brush at our new house. It has laid fallow for years and is to overgrown to bush hog.
Then we got a little doeling and buckling and that little man stole our hearts with his first little bleat! ♥ Then came the 2nd doeling and now I'm done for!!!

The 1st picture is the 1st doeling Ladybug she's very shy! Any advice on getting her to warm up to us? I sit out with treats every day and she will come up and take it but runs away. The 2nd picture is the buckling Piglet and he lives up to his name! The 3rd picture is the newest doeling, any name ideas?

FB_IMG_1619730344541.jpg
FB_IMG_1619730337398.jpg
FB_IMG_1619730330573.jpg

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
Very preciouse little ones. It honestly just takes time for them to warm up and trust you. Just be with them everyday. I would just go and sit with mine. Sometimes read to them. They become curious, and then you can gently touch the. Be patient,, it pays off! Have fun.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,260 Posts
They are so pretty! Goats do have a way of stealing our hearts.🥰

Just have to ask, is your boy wethered (castrated)? If he runs with the girls he could easily get them pregnant if he's not been wethered. That's why I asked. 😉

1 - 9 of 9 Posts