My new Katahdin sheep!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Crissa, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Here's my two new sheep! We're picking them up tomorrow before we get my goats and lamb moved. Sorry that I don't have any better pictures, they were camera shy. :)

Patch. She had a quad colored ram lamb this year. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I love this ewe! I think she's put together real nice. She doesn't have a name yet, so name suggestions would be GREAT! ;) She's white with cinnamon colored speckles all over.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Those are funny looking goats :) So...for names: Truffle.......Cinnamon....Izabella.......Gabriella......Latte.....

I'll try to think of more.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very pretty.. :love: ..congrats........ :greengrin:

4. Very nice. If I ever got sheep I would have to go with the four horned ones. Well, they might be a ram but they look cool.

5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
  6. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thank you! I like them a lot. :)

Powderhooves, I love the name Truffle! I'll have to see if it fits her. :wink:

And by the way all of the sheep will be getting their hooves trimmed soon, my boss and her husband have either been ill or off working (husband judges horse shows and boss has herding dogs) so I'm going to do it myself if I can get some help to wrestle them. :wink:

7. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Oh and here's the quad colored ram lamb that the first ewe had. I'm hoping for a ewe lamb like him to keep! lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Purty girls! And the little ram is very colorful, don't blame you for wanting an ewe like him :love:

Hmmm...how bout Freckles for a name?

9. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    What pretty little sheep!! And that ram lamb is darling! Hoping she gives you another one like that...just a ewe!

10. That's them. THey are wickid cool. I love those things. LOL

As for the colored one here, stunning. I love it. If it were a goat I'd want to buy her. HEHE

11. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thank you! They are so cute, and curious after we moved them! They were "chasing" Chance's cat. :roll:

Freckles won't work because it's also a name of a dog I work with, so I'd get so confused! lol And Truffle won't work because Chance has a dog named that. So we'd both get confused. :roll: Any other great name ideas? I'd greatly appreciate it! :greengrin:

jdgray-do you mean the ram lamb? He's a cutie isn't he? Luckily he went to a home as a ram, so he gets to have babies! :clap:

12. Yep, get me a goat that color any day. HEHE

13. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
  14. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Sugar and Spice as names? I'm only good at naming my own! lol

15. Ok, they are way cool but the Jacobs are better. HEHE they looks so evil. I just love it...Again, no crazy face. I need my own crazy face/smile you can name it John-Derek...hehe

16. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    They are pretty and her ram is just out of this world - I hope you get a ewe like him - that will be so pretty!

I have a friend that is currently looking for a couple Jacop sheep - she will be using their wool - I told her I would try and keep my eyes open :thumb: I think they are pretty cool looking and will enjoy looking at them when I go to her place lols. I wonder though if they are hard on fences lols! She just got several Shetland sheep - omg - they are sooooooo cute! I love the size - kinda like having tall Nigerians. I told her - if they do end up being bred (they where in with a ram before she got them) - I cannot go down to her place as I will want a baby lols.

Can't wait to lambing season (did I say that correctly?) to see what they give you Crissa!

17. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congrats and enjoy your new sheep! Sharp, sharp ones. :thumbup:

18. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thank you! Yes I can't wait until lambing season either, I really hope that I get some color! lol Watch me get pure white lambs though. :roll: And yes you did say it right Chestnut Grove. :wink: