The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm adding to my herd again.. The first pic is supposed to be full Lamancha and from good milking mom, the 2 pic is Nubian/Lamancha mix, I think she's beautiful. Also from a good milking momma. They are not registered, but none of mine are really.... I'm just wanting some good milkers.....:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I know nothing about other breeds of goats besides pygmy and Nigerians.....but I thought lamancha s didn't have ears?? They are both very cute especially the first one :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
There is no way that first one is full Lamancha...way too much ear ._. Personally, I wouldn't buy from someone who is either lying, or doesn't know what they are talking about. Maybe they misspoke about the breed? However they both look like cute, healthy baby goats and if you want them and know they come from good milk producing stock, go for it :)

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
How sweet they are!! Adorable!! :love:

I think the first one is a Nigerian mix, and the second one is Boer/Nubian. She is very thick and has that limited color on her that makes me think Boer.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
#1. The moms were tested for all the diseases 1 month before they were born... All negative so yay!!!:)

#2. I agree the 1st one is mixed with something. She has a sister born with her who looks like a full tan Lamancha, earless and everything.... The owners know this isn't typical, and that there is probably other blood somewhere:)

#3. I like her coloring, I know she has Nubian in her, but she does have a Lamancha dad, I'll be meeting him tomorrow.)

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Ohh yeah that second is for sure Boer cross. If your wanting milk Boers are not at all known for high amount of milk. It sounds like you have already made up your mind that you want them :). I just say to make sure you look over all the testing done sect to make sure she is not pulling a fast one on you. I have learned a long time go with proof not your heart. She might be a little clueless on the breeds but she also might be pulling something

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ohh yeah that second is for sure Boer cross. If your wanting milk Boers are not at all known for high amount of milk. It sounds like you have already made up your mind that you want them :). I just say to make sure you look over all the testing done sect to make sure she is not pulling a fast one on you. I have learned a long time go with proof not your heart. She might be a little clueless on the breeds but she also might be pulling something
She said she has the paperwork, and I will ask for it when I get there... I'm treading cautiously because all my herd are clean and I have the paperwork for proof:)

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bummer, no kids for me:( I was all excited until I got an email saying that the people who came tonight made a trade for all their kids... Oh well, guess it jus wasn't meant to be...

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm sorry you weren't able to get them. Hopefully something even better will come along soon.
Thanks Amy. I just wish I knew what was going on with the big girls. My friend said she wanted them, and I made up my mind selling them to her, however they are still here, and I'm hoping the one kids soon... She doesn't want the kids so I told her I would take the kids. I'm thinking there are some financial issues going on from her side... So, they might be staying, if that is the case, I won't need any new ones quite yet, but would like to get some for back up...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts