My new mare and foal are coming July 7!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by KW Farms, Jun 26, 2008.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Ok, so i've had this foal planned w/ my friend who is a paint horse breeder...anyway, long story, but my mare that I was SUPER connected and attached to (I trained myself from a yearling) died last April. I have been good friends w/ the breeder who origionally bred my mare, I kep in close contact w/ her. Well, when my mare died I had to tell her the bad news, she was soooo sad for me and offered to breed the same parents of my mare back for a 2008 foal! I was so excited! So now the foal has been born, a little filly, and I ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT wait until the foal was weaned, so we decided to buy the mare and foal and get them both 5 months earlier than expected!! Yaaayyy! The friend is bringing them over on July 7! I am soooooo excited! They are just the sweetest people! Anyway, the foal's name is Rain and the momma's is Cowgirl...I try and put a pic of baby on here!! :stars:

2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Wow- she's a real stunner- mostly I admit that I don't like broken colors on a horse but I'd make an exception for her. Congratulations.

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I am the same way ETR. But wow! What a beauty!! :stars:

4. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    She's beautiful!!! :drool:

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW that is wonderful news. I am so sorry that you lost the other horse, but look how things work out. I tell you, those are some really neat and wonderful people to treat you that way. Congratulations.

How did you lose your other horse? I am so worried, I have a rescue that we have had for four year come August. He is such a sweet guy but he is getting old, not old age wise but for what he went thought he was aged big time. He is now about 25-28 years old. He doesn't have any back teeth so we have to feed him his "slop", but he is the sweetest thing. He loves the goats and he plays with the babies. I am so not looking forward to the day I lose him.

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    The mare I lost was only a coming 4 year old. First she seemed to have hurt her leg real bad so we got a special vet for that. Well, that went good, I had to giver her shots of penecilin(sp) and soak her leg/hoof in epsum salt(sp) and it seemed to be healing up well. I was just hoping she would heal up quick so I could go back to riding. Well as time went on the leg healed, then she seemed to be down and tired, didn't want to eat or move. So we looked around to see which vets were recommened for this kind of thing. They recommended a special vet, well, she incorrectly diagnosed her so we were treated her for the wrong thing. She got no better. I contacted a different vet and he came out took a look and said she had pnemonia (sp) probably from being so stressed. He said she might not make it,,,my heart just sunk and I couldn't even believe it. I just thought no this can't happen to me, i'm sure she'll be better soon. Well, one day she just stood there w/ her head low. I had to take her in immedately, we put her in the trailer and she fell down! When we finally got her out she just laid in our driveway...I just held her head up until she passed. It was a hard thing on me, sorry for the details...just how I tell it. It's stupid how close I was to that horse. But to have her full sister is just awesome. The origional breeders are such a blessing.

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats Kylee!! She is a beauty!

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Kylee, Wow that is sad how you lost the other horse, and no it is WONDERFUL how close you were to her and it was really a blessing that she passed in your arms. She new she was loved tothe very end. I bet she is running in the greener pastures just happy as ever that you have her sister now.

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    So sorry you lost your "baby"...you wouldn't be human if you didn't get attached. :hug:

It's awesome that you now have mama and sister! What great friends yo have and BTW...Rain is just gorgeous!