The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently added to my herd ( family ) three of the most lovely babies in the world :) They are from Three Havens . Danielle is one of the best breeders I know , all her goats couldnt have better care and love. HoneyBee and Mickey now called Billy The Kidd ( BK for short ) and of course my sweet Clair.

They have fit in immediately and have warmed up to everybody.
Im loving their friendly dispositions and need of cuddling , lol
Clair has found I give the bestest scratches and is now my BFF and constant companion , most of the time anyways. Clair and my Yosi get along great , they will put up their hackles , but its all for show , because they can nuzzle each other in a matter of minutes and graze together peacefully. Just what I wished for ! I had wanted Yosi to have her own herd and now she does. Yosi was the only Nigie I had for quite a while. She came from Colorado , Riley's farm. Anyways , here are a few pictures of them settling themselves in at their new home. Funny thing I may add here , Clair got along very well with Danielle's LaMancha Ebony , and now she gets along just as well with my Mocha and Blondie and Rosi too . Funny how she picked LaManchas ,lol
But then , she gets along with just about everybody , Clair is one in a million :)
Ok , here they are !

Attachments

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The other little NIgerian is my new buckling I got from Rebeka Acres in Mass.
His name is Scout :) He is very much a love and adores anybody who is willing to give him a scratch , lol A very comical dude too , loves to play with BK and Honeybee. Although Clair has shown him that she is not looking to be more then friends right now , lol He has gotten the message loud and clear , lol.
And , if he dares to try to get overly friendly with Honeybee , she sends him packing , lol She really is a great little doe :) The picture of Scout in the barn near the plug is a shot I took when I heard a strange noise coming from inside his stall when I was outside filling water buckets. This dude was able to jump up there because I had put a large stone in his stall near his minerals because I thought her couldnt reach them. I was so wrong , lolol Out came the stone !
He is not scaling walls anymore ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awww, cute! Congratulations on the new herd members! :)

Btw, my name is Claire. At leats it isn't spelled the same. LOL
Hi Claire , thanks :) Weellllll, to tell you the truth her name is Clairisse (sp)
and I call her Claire , and I spelt it wrong , lolol
Its a beautiful name , thats why I kept it :)

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I am green! I've had my eye on a couple of does for quite some time, but we just haven't been able to make that far; were always busy, lol.

Scout is very handsome- I love that kind of coloring. I forget what it's called right now, buckskin or chamoisee? With black cape and legs and white markings? I really need to learn to identify the colors since I'm starting to breed them. It's hard though, since there's so many combinations.
Anyway, that's my favorite color for NDs. :D

Oh, and the Nubian girl he's laying next to is really pretty; and I'm not a huge fan of Nubians. ;) I like them, don't get me wrong; id like to have at least one some day. I just happen to like several other breeds more. :D

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
Woo hoo! :dance: They look so happy! I'm glad to have them living at such a wonderful home. :love: I'm glad you are enjoying and loving them. :D Warms my heart.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am green! I've had my eye on a couple of does for quite some time, but we just haven't been able to make that far; were always busy, lol.

Scout is very handsome- I love that kind of coloring. I forget what it's called right now, buckskin or chamoisee? With black cape and legs and white markings? I really need to learn to identify the colors since I'm starting to breed them. It's hard though, since there's so many combinations.
Anyway, that's my favorite color for NDs. :D

Oh, and the Nubian girl he's laying next to is really pretty; and I'm not a huge fan of Nubians. ;) I like them, don't get me wrong; id like to have at least one some day. I just happen to like several other breeds more. :D
Scouts breeder wrote him down as buckskin . His coloring is beautiful ,
thanks :) Oh , and the Nubian doe next to him is my Pebbles :)
Thanks again , we do love her lots :)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
They sure do look happy! Love the pic of them with Blondie! Makes them look even tinier(sp?)
Lol! Too cute!

And scout sure like Pebbles! :love: he is such a handsome guy!

Congrats on all your new additions :D

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Amy , Skyla and Danielle :) Did I miss anybody ?
Yes , Scouty Boy does see, to like my Pebbles , lol.
She pays him no mind though. I think she knows shes out of his league , right now anyway ;) That new song , I dont know the singer , but a line of it is , " you belong to me , I belong to you " , that song fits Archie and Pebbles so very well , lol. And believe me , I plan on keeping it that way , so they will be separated very soon , lolol
Im so glad that Archie and Scout get along so well , they can be paddock buddies . Archie calls Scout his little mini me , lolol
Funny little story , the youngsters were all out together grazing one afternoon and I let out my Nubian twins for a while to see how they all got on . Well , Scout must have drifted over to them thinking he was with Archie , since they look so much alike. The twins took of jumping and twisting and running around and Scout got a better look at who he was with and panicked ! Where is my Archie !!!!!!
Well , he caught sight of Archie and took off like a jet towards him , lol.
I was hysterical , it was just too funny , because it was so apparent what happened , lol. Gotta love those goats :)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Haha!!! That's too funny Laura!

Love when stuff like that happens! You just have to laugh!

·
Love them goats!
1,061 Posts
Oh my gosh Laura...I haven't been on here in a while...and look at the herd you've accumulated!!

They are all so adorable....Congrats!! :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts