The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Pixie13
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my husband brought me home this beautiful oberhasli doeling yesterday evening. She is three months old. He knew that I had been wanting one and, surprised me with her. He is such a great hubby:D I just love her to death:lovey: Her name is Evie.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Very pretty! Do you know much about their milk production and taste?

·
Pixie13
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my first Oberhasli, so I don't have any personal experience with this breed. I have heard that there milk is sweet and mild. The milk production of the Oberhasli is supposed to be long and even. A good Oberhasli should milk around 2 gallons a day or more. Like I said, these are just things that I have heard other people say. I hope that she lives up to all of these qualities. I just think they are a magnificent creature.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Wow, she is VERY pretty. I have been wanting a full size dairy goat. Been thinking Togg but now I am considering and Oberhasli!

·
Pixie13
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I love her to death. Can't wait to see what type of doe she matures into. Hope she will make an excellent milker.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
She looks so dainty like a deer!

·
Registered
693 Posts
She's GORGEOUS!!!!

·
Registered
29,850 Posts
Very Beautiful!!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I should really stop posting on this thread.. But I just love her! :lovey:

·
Pixie13
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you Scottyhorse!! I love her too:D You are welcome to post as much as you want. I will try to get some pics of her outside soon. Just wanted to keep her indoors for a couple days so that she can get used to everything.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
How cute would an Ober/Nigerian Dwarf or an Ober/Togg cross be?

·
Pixie13
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think a cross of either one would be very beautiful. I have always thought Toggenburgs were quite stunning as well. I would like to see an Ober/Nigerian or Ober/Togg cross either one.

·
8,039 Posts
Beautiful girl! I have been looking for a couple of Obers. They are hard to find in Ohio. Everyone that has them, keeps them!
Such pretty colors!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts