my other pets

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by alyssa_romine, Oct 6, 2007.

1. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I have a very pretty dog but she isn't so pretty in this pic. Her name is Fancy and she is a big baby.
    [​IMG]

and here is my pet deer. She is also a big baby and loves attention. She is almost 4 months old now but in the pics she is about 3 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    How cute!!! We bottle raised a deer when I was a kid, that was just too fun!! How did you wind up with her?

3. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    My FIL was driving down the road when 2 babies and a mom ran across the road and one baby was stuck in the ditch and the other was in the woods. The ditch was right by the road and he feared that she would get hit by a car so he tried to get her but couldn't reach her...he only has one leg and he had his crutches and was not able to reach far enough. He went home and got my hubby and they went to check on her and she was still there so hubby picked her up and brought her home. They handed her to me and said that she was my baby and I had to bottle feed her. She is growing really well.

4. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    That is about the same situation as us... except it was a neighbor that found him, but he wasn't caught/stuck, our neighbor was just silly and picked him up anyways. If he had left him his mom would have got him, but I am glad to have had the experience. The only bad part was having to give him away once he got big enough to jump out of our fence and to be aggresive during rutting season (sp?). We found him a really nice large home with some people who raise deer, so we were happy about that :lol:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    do you know if it is a male or female Alyssa?

6. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Yeah, I was wandering the same thing. I know you refered to the deer as a she.. so I was just assuming it was a Doe?

7. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Yep, she's a doe. She isn't aggressive like the bucks. I had a friend that had a buck and he was too aggressive to even pet through a window. They kept him locked inside an old house and he didn't have proper vetilation or anything. They had him for 4 years..he died this past June.

8. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    You have a beautiful dog, but that fawn just melts my heart. She is adorable.

9. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Ours hadn't became aggressive.. we just did some reading up on it and knew he would eventually, which is why we found him a good home that could give him proper care and plenty of girlfriends :wink: I will have to try and find a picture of him.

10. raznboersnkids

raznboersnkids New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Northeast Louisiana
    I love the deer!!
    I only have 1 dog, my 5 goats and my calico cat brought out 5 kittens yesterday ( a solid white, a white with gray ears, a black n white, gray calico, black calico) 2 other cats......anyone want a cat : )

11. Droopymole

Droopymole New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    In my hole...
    No thanks. I currently am trying to get rid of some myself. Anyone want a cat? :p

12. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    I've never had a deer, but we've rescued plenty of critters - including one Sandhill Crane (with help from our local firemen). We've had 28 cats through our house, and eight of them - the wildest and most ill - still live here (the ill ones are well now! :D ). I found a cat rescue that placed barn cats on Craig's List, and several people giving pet cats away, too - so, you might try that.

13. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    Sorry Alyssa, I got distracted! :roll: Your dog, and the deer too, are beautiful!! :D

14. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    Love that fawn!!! What a cutie!!! :D