My poor Libby!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dover Farms, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Tonight when I fed my goats.....Libby gorged herself on a fat square of 2nd cutting alfalfa hay. She had a cup of grain and is due Feb. 20th-22nd. Her belly was sticking out quite a bit and needless to say....she didn't finish the whole square! :lol: I wish I would have got a pic! She just stood there and looked at me with the expression "I am STUFFED!" LOL! :roll:

2. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas

3. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Awww! Poor Libby! So confusing :)!

4. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I take the one cup back....she had two cups! She was back to her regular size this morning...she was probably thinking "I feel SO relieved!" :lol: She doesn't gorge herself on hay in the morning even though she had her two cups of grain! That is because she gets the rained on 3rd cutting in the morning, but at night I throw a square of nice 2nd cutting in there. :D

5. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Oh haha :). Harmony is getting a bit of a belly, but I don't know if that's due to baby or just fat :).

6. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    My three are so plump...Lol...I can't tell whether the two ladies are bred or not :shock: And the sad part is...my goats aren't on ANY grain what so ever right now, and haven't been for about a month... :roll: :lol: All they get is hay, and their mineral, and Baking Soda...can we say 'easy keepers'???? :laugh:

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    LOL Our girls are just starting to get rounded bellies they still enjoy gourging themselves with hay though :lol: